hardware/software limitations of dvdfab for Nvidia gpus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper hardware/software limitations of dvdfab for Nvidia gpus

I have read somewhere that dvdfab has hardware limitations using nvidia hardware. What I would like to know is what those limitations are? I want to speed up my encodes on UHD's which is currently between 1 hour to 1.5 hours depending on the title. I am using an Nvidia gtx 1060 and am looking at upgrading to an EVGA RTX 2080 TI FTW3 to reduse the UHD's encode time considerably. What I read somewhere was that dvdfab no longer uses the CUDA cores and uses the Nvdec (something like that?). So my question in regards to limitations is, where does dvdfab stop making gains in the encode area based on the nvidia hardware? In other words what is the fastest speed video card for encoding h265? I was considering a duel card set up, but if it will not be used than I am not going to waste my money.

I am not aware of the limitations you have mentioned. Do you have any additional information on what they are said to be?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I believe I read somewhere here in the forums that it had to do with the Nvdec chip vs cuda as Nvidia was more concentrating on the Nvdec? I can't seem to find it now? So Does DVDfab favor one over the other?

Comment

Nothing?

Comment

hi Blumamba,

The nvdec / nvenc chip is similar or same as cuda decode/encode in dvdfab.
          now the offical name maybe https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk
          It is Nvidia now call the new name NVENC. It begin with Pascal generation.

RTX 2080 will GTX 1060 speed up 10~30% faster for reencode .
          RTX 2080 will GTX 1060 speed up 200% faster for AI.

If your are interested in AI converter. It will be a good update.
          If your are only want speed up reencode. the chpset not update that much in recently generate both intel and nvidia gpu.

yours,
          Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I want it for the AI for older dvds that havent made the "remaster" cut for bluray.

Comment

Working...
            X