No announcement yet.

NO subs OR incorrect subs on all the new reboots of Planet of the Apes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper NO subs OR incorrect subs on all the new reboots of Planet of the Apes

I had a hard time a few years back when I purchased the bluray versions of Dawn, Rise and War for the Planet of the Apes finding the correct english subs for the apes signing only. It took me several tries due to the subs either authored wrong or dvdfab not picking them up correctly to finally get the correct ones. Now on the UHD versions, which have the same exact issue (sub listed as english shows an asian language and the asian languages, or any other language for that matter are all mixed up and I can't find the correct subs in any of them.

Can someone please point me to the correct english subs for just the ape sign language parts only? I did try to use downladed ape only parts but I have never been able to get dvdfab to use them (srt)?

Sorry, I do not have the UHD versions of any of the Apes movies, perhaps a fellow user will be able to tell you. As I remember, on the Blu-ray the ape-speak subs were in a track by themselves.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Blumamba View Post
      I had a hard time a few years back when I purchased the bluray versions of Dawn, Rise and War for the Planet of the Apes finding the correct english subs for the apes signing only. It took me several tries due to the subs either authored wrong or dvdfab not picking them up correctly to finally get the correct ones. Now on the UHD versions, which have the same exact issue (sub listed as english shows an asian language and the asian languages, or any other language for that matter are all mixed up and I can't find the correct subs in any of them.

Can someone please point me to the correct english subs for just the ape sign language parts only? I did try to use downladed ape only parts but I have never been able to get dvdfab to use them (srt)?
      for your downloaded ape only parts, you might want to try this tool in post #3 called subtitle edit - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-output-option

Comment

Play the original discs and then while playing the main movie, check your player to see which subtitle track is on by default (forced subtitle). When copying, be sure that subtitle track is set to be turned on by default. (You do this by clicking immediately to the left of the appropriate subtitle track in the drop-down list … you should see a small white, right-pointing arrow). This track will then be turned on by default when playing.

Comment

Thanks for the input from all. I cant play the originals because I dont have a uhd player. I rip all of them and play through HTPC only. So I will have to try the sub edit app.

Comment

Well after several trys on all of them it appears that DVDFab just isnt reading the file right for some reason? I ripped each move 6 time and kept track of everything I did and every single time when I selected the english subs using the normal and forced it either did not pick it up or used a different language. I went through every single language with the same result twice. So I started to encode each english just to see if one would "catch" and finally found them even thought they would not play correctly in the player.

1. Rise of the Planet of the Apes 4k - 2nd english using "forced and normal"
            2. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 4k - 3rd english using "forced and normal"
            3. War for Planet of the Apes 4k - 2nd english "forced"

Comment

I only have the UHD version of War for the Planet of the Apes (2017).
              DVDFab 11.0.0.8 works for me.
              I use Direct Render to Video though.
              For War for the Planet of the Apes, you need to use Title 801, not Title 800 that DVDFab defaults to.
              Then choose the 2nd Eng Sub. Do not select Forced.
              You can test it by just selecting Chapter 4. It will take just 5mins to see if the subs work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tempsnip.jpg
Views:	1094
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	363049

Comment

Working...
              X