Take forever to reencode or compress BD with 2 AMD Radeon GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take forever to reencode or compress BD with 2 AMD Radeon GPUs

Take forever to reencode or compress BD with 2 AMD Radeon Vega 64 or Radeon Pro Duo or RX 480 GPUs.
    Please see attached picture below. The time just keeps counting up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	295
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	364361

do both cards have the latest driver update ??

Comment

Yeah, use the latest 2019 Adrenalin and Pro series drivers. Actually the same problem with just a single GPU, didn't have this single Radeon GPU problem before until now.

I tried any one or two together of the RX 480, Vega 64 or Pro Duo GPUs below:
      Attached Files

Comment

Name:	GPUs.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	364387Click image for larger version

Name:	GPUs.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	364388 ...

Comment

try rolling back to an earlier driver and see if things improve

Comment

I don't any earlier version to roll back to. Under setting, the encoder is AMD App for the latest version???

Comment

try clicking common settings - general settings - click the factory default settings button in
              the lower left corner of the general settings area. restart dvdfab and retry re encoding again.

Comment

Originally posted by Little fruit fly View Post
                Take forever to reencode or compress BD with 2 AMD Radeon Vega 64 or Radeon Pro Duo or RX 480 GPUs.
                Please post your dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file. Thanks.

Comment

please see attachments
                  Attached Files

Comment

Problems with UHD Copy/Ripper/Creator etc. should go in that forum, I am moving your thread. When you have a problem like this in the future, include the logs in the first post for a faster solution.

See if DVDFab supports your AMD cards for H265 encoding, as shown below

Name:	1-011 GPUCHECK.png
Views:	275
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	364623

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It shows up as AMD APP for every box there for all those AMD GPUs like I said before, so AMD is supported.

Comment

It shows up as AMD APP for every box there for all those AMD GPUs like I said before, so AMD is supported.
                        does it do this for all discs or just certain ones ??
                        you might also try temporarily disabling your antivirus software
                        to see if re encoding improves.

Comment

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	295
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	364361
                          Hi ,
                          UHD is HEVC 4k 10bit encode, And All AMD VideoCard the best only support HEVC 4k encode, no 10bit encode.
                          So it will use soft, and slow.

World’s 1st 4K UHD copy software to copy and shrink the main movie title of any unprotected 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray movie down to a smaller size to fit a regular BD-50/25 disc, or save the compressed content on computer HDD as an ISO file or folder.

For the 4K HW Acceleration to work, you need:
                          Either the CPUs from Intel Kaby Lake series and above;
                          Or, the video cards from NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 series and above

The fast and cheap sulution is get a gtx1050, maybe second hand for speed up.

Yours,
                          Wilson.
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

That sucks big time. I bought 3 Vega 64, 2 RX 480 and 1 Pro Duo to help the Red Team and to fxxk the Green Team aka evil overpriced NvidiaRTX. Do you think the driver update will fix it or it is due to AMD hardware architecture limitation?

Comment

Working...
                            X