driver winio.sys is not installed correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Drive Tool driver winio.sys is not installed correctly

I set all SATA controllers to IDE but get this message "The driver winio.sys is not installed correctly. Please restart the UHD Drive Tool and try again." when running DVDfab UHD Tool in Windows Safe mode. Any suggestions? Please see log file.
    Attached Files

Sorry for the problem, the developers will have to take a look at your log when the office opens Monday.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

You do not need to run the tool in Windows safe mode, just restart computer directly from safe mode (Windows needs install IDE driver) and then Windows will be started normally.

Then downgrade your drive in Windows normal mode.

Thanks!

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Understood. Thank you!

UHD Drive Tool works perfect. Saves time, effort, headache on software/firmware side.

ASUS BW-16D1HT fw: 3.03 reset to fw: 3.01
        2012 Gigabyte board with Windows 10

“What I learned” Tips:

Big Picture:
        1. Change BIOS SATA to IDE
        2. Get Windows to boot into a Safe Mode.
        3. Right away, Re-boot from within Safe Mode into a normal Windows session. This loads IDE drivers into normal Windows (and loads winio.sys and others) session.
        4. Run UHD Drive Tool in normal Windows session. Reboot to BIOS.
        5. Change BIOS SATA back to ACHI
        6. Start Windows normally.

My fight was with motherboard and Windows 10.
        1. In BIOS set both SATA controllers to IDE. My board has 2 controllers, one is Marvell chipset, other is on-board default chipset. Save BIOS and Reboot.
        2. F-keys/any keys not working with my board to boot into Windows Safe Mode directly.
        3. I let Windows reboot constantly (2 times) until it started Automatic Repair Mode.
        4. Selected Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup > Restart.
        5. Windows reloads with screen with Startup options. Select one of the startup Safe Modes. Computer reboots automatically in Windows Safe Mode selected.
        6. In Safe Mode, I logged in (maybe not necessary) and then right away rebooted (to a normal (non Safe Mode) Windows session)
        7. Now normal Windows is running with IDE drivers not AHCI. ( my error: I ran UHD Drive Tool in Safe mode ànot all Windows drivers loaded).
        8. Now run UHD Drive Tool to update firmware.
        9. Reboot to BIOS. Change back to ACHI. Save BIOS and Reboot.
        10. Here I needed to reboot back into a Safe Mode (steps 3 to 6) to load ACHI drivers again, then reboot from Safe Mode to get to back to normal running Windows session.
        11. Everything is back to normal with a working drive.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your good feedback and shared information.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X