AMD VCE 10 BIT - Nvenc - NVIDIA TURING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Creator AMD VCE 10 BIT - Nvenc - NVIDIA TURING

I'm thinking of changing graphics cards to improve HEVC encoding with UHD Creator. Is the 10 bit HDR now supported with AMD Vega (VCE 4.0)? If so, is the quality better than with Nvenc Pascal Nvidia?
    Also, is it DVDFab has been updated to support the new Nvidia Turing cards (HEVC B-frames)? If so, is there a significant improvement in image quality?

Generally the nvidia technology is supported sooner and works better, not sure about the specific cases you mentioned.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

is DVDfab using B-frames on turing???

Comment

To be more precise : Is DVDFab updated with latest Nvidia Video Codec SDK 9 wich include the new nvenc with B-frames with HEVC ?

Comment

Is there any news about Turing Nvenc support ?

Comment

Now I have a GTX 1660 with Turing. I just analyzed a file encoded with cuda / Nvenc on DVDFab.
            There are no B-Frames. Which means that Turing chips are not supported yet.

Please update DVDFab with latest Nvenc 9.0 api. With latest Nvenc on Turing, the quality will be far better than before - near software quality !

Comment

When DVDFAB will support NVENC Turing ?!

Comment

Hi,

Is DVDFab updated with latest Nvidia Video Codec SDK 9 wich include the new nvenc with B-frames with HEVC
                We are checking on this, thanks!

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ministry49 View Post
                  When DVDFAB will support NVENC Turing ?!
                  HI,

We and support for Turing with new NVENC sdk and B frame support . Please try. Thanks.

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ministry49 View Post
                    Now I have a GTX 1660 with Turing. I just analyzed a file encoded with cuda / Nvenc on DVDFab.
                    There are no B-Frames. Which means that Turing chips are not supported yet.

Please update DVDFab with latest Nvenc 9.0 api. With latest Nvenc on Turing, the quality will be far better than before - near software quality !
                    It’s not that DVDfab that didn’t support b-frames, the 1660 does not support b-frames. The RTX 2080 and 2080ti do support it though. You’ll need to upgrade your graphics card to get b-frames.

Comment

Originally posted by AcIDc0r3 View Post
                      It’s not that DVDfab that didn’t support b-frames, the 1660 does not support b-frames. The RTX 2080 and 2080ti do support it though. You’ll need to upgrade your graphics card to get b-frames.
                      Oops my bad, the 1660 and 1660ti both support b-frames. I was confusing it with the 1650. Sorry about that.

Comment

Working...
                      X