Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Several movies not ripping successfully...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Several movies not ripping successfully...

I have several movies, as an example, X-Men Apocalypse, that simply will not rip. It complains about read errors (though with every attempt the errors occur at different places) and then slows down to an absolutely miserable crawl. It normally processes 4K discs at about 25 fps, but when this happens it drops to around 2. Also, the output file stops growing at all. Yes, the disc is 100% clean. Sometimes the error occurs 10 minutes after I start, sometimes it occurs an hour after I start. So it's not even the same spot on the disc. I don't think it's a "bad spot" - I think it's a software failure to handle a copy protect scheme. Any help would be very much appreciated!

The discs are clean and unscratched. Several of them are new out of the box and never been played.

The UHD drive is pretty new and works fine on other discs. I believe it is a failure to remove copy protection.

Comment

Please attach any of the DVDFab internal log file sessions from any of these discs, can't help you without them. Instructions here:http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5 This title should be fully supported.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've seen problems like this and careful cleaning of the disk was always successful. I suspect the UHD disks may be more prone to dirt-related errors due to the bit density.

Comment

Originally posted by menkalos View Post
          I have several movies, as an example, X-Men Apocalypse, that simply will not rip. It complains about read errors (though with every attempt the errors occur at different places) and then slows down to an absolutely miserable crawl. It normally processes 4K discs at about 25 fps, but when this happens it drops to around 2. Also, the output file stops growing at all. Yes, the disc is 100% clean. Sometimes the error occurs 10 minutes after I start, sometimes it occurs an hour after I start. So it's not even the same spot on the disc. I don't think it's a "bad spot" - I think it's a software failure to handle a copy protect scheme. Any help would be very much appreciated!
          is it a wh16ns60? lg had a bad batch of those go to amazon

Comment

Working...
          X