Pascal vs Turing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pascal vs Turing

Right now I'm running a EVGA GTX 1080Ti and later today I'll be getting installed a EVGA RTX 1080. According to NVidia the Turing chip is supposed to yield a 25% smaller file size with HVEC H265 10 bit. We shall see because I have several videos ripped using hardware acceleration with the GTX 1080Ti and will compare them to the same ripped videos using the RTX 2080. I'll report back here when I have some real world results.

Your results will be interesting, please share when they are available.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Major setback, when I installed the RTX 2080 it killed my motherboard, so I had to RMA my motherboard. Thankfully it was still under warranty. My findings won't be until I get it back and everything setup again. Bummer.

Comment

RMA'd my motherboard and there was nothing wrong with it, got it back and connected everything and it all worked normal...so idk what was the issue.

Anyhow, I've run some tests, 4 to be exact but I'm omitting Captain Marvel because I kept getting read errors until it finally worked so I'm not including it even though the video is perfectly normal.

The first two were reduced in size quite a bit while the third was just a tad larger (strange). Here's a capture of all my settings.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 8-Core Processor 3.60Ghz
        32Gb Ram
        Windows 10 Pro Retail
        EVGA RTX 2080

Comment

EDIT: Correction: The Atomic Blonde was 15.5Gb using the GTX 1080 Ti, so by using the RTX 2080 the file size was significantly smaller.

Comment

Working...
          X