details about MP4.DolbyVision single-layer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper details about MP4.DolbyVision single-layer

i don't know the complete know-how, just want to be sure... for example.. Pet Sematary.. it has about 5GB Dolby Vision layer. But whe i rip it to MP4.DolbyVision Single Stream, it's big exactly as without that DoVi layer. Is it really preserved? how then?
    Last edited by jlp; 07-08-2019, 08:15 PM.

Hi jlp,

Please use mediainfo to analyze the resulted mp4 file and post the result here.

Also, when you set it to copy video in the advanced settings window, there are two options available, please check image attached and try "Copy Video" to see the result.
    If still have same problem, please post dvdfab log files and the media info result from the output file. Thanks. Click image for larger version  Name:	copy video option.png Views:	1 Size:	70.0 KB ID:	370013

Comment

attaching.. thanks.. as you cann see, single stream is "missing" 4.6GB. Pet Sematary DoVi Single Stream.txt dvdfab_internal.log Pet Sematary DoVi Two Stream.txt

Comment

when demuxed the MP4 with dolby's mp4demuxer_64bits, i got regular h265 stream called dv_el_out_1.h265

Code:
        Video
        Format                                   : HEVC
        Format/Info                              : High Efficiency Video Coding
        Format profile                           : Main 10@L5.1@High
        HDR format                               : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
        Width                                    : 3 840 pixels
        Height                                   : 2 160 pixels
        Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
        Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
        Color space                              : YUV
        Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
        Bit depth                                : 10 bits
        Color range                              : Limited
        Color primaries                          : BT.2020
        Transfer characteristics                 : PQ
        Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant
        Mastering display color primaries        : Display P3
        Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2

Comment

hi jlp,

Below is from Dev Guy,
          Single stream is BL+RPU,
          Two Stream is Main Stream HDR10 video, Second Stream EL+RPU
          And Dolby Vision is in RPU, Both will have Dolby Vision.

Single Stream not have EL for now. It is not Dolby Vision, it some info for HDR10 to 12bit .
          Mp4 container not have such mode as in Dolby Demo files for now.

yours,
          Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

What are the chances of ditching mp4 and/or adding a ts.dolbyvision profile? then you can have a copy video AND a copy audio setting to preserve hd-audio+atmos/dts:x

Comment

So Wilson.Wang is there any actual quality difference between single layer and dual layer? I mean there must be something that is less in the single layer file if the second layer goes missing...

Comment

Originally posted by Grencola View Post
                What are the chances of ditching mp4 and/or adding a ts.dolbyvision profile? then you can have a copy video AND a copy audio setting to preserve hd-audio+atmos/dts:x
                The chances of ditching mp4 are zero. It is one of the most universally playable file formats. It may not currently do this, but that may change over time.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X