This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thxtexed View Post
    Also errors on Captain Marvel are being picked up on DeUHD too.

Starting to wonder if it's the drive but it's read every disc I've thrown at it except the first four films of the Harry Potter series (MKV Passthrough was fine - all discs were read successfully on the Full Disc option but the WB logo was in slo-mo and the sound was a broken data stream on playback - movie seems to be OK). The last four are fine. No errors - no broken logos or sound.

Have Full Disc'd The Hunger Games series without a problem with errors or playback.

I'll have to get the magnifying glass out to check the lens. You know, just to be sure.
    I was able to rip it without a problem using Makemkv

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Simpson View Post

I was able to rip it without a problem using Makemkv
      Just confirmed it, my Makemkv rip of the disk is perfect, no errors or glitches, I've even used Handbrake to re-encode the video portion with no problems at all. So, the read error problem with this disk is an issue with DVDFab, not with the disk.

Comment

OK. Thanks for checking.

Comment

Please reboot your computer, input the disc to drive and start the process, when read error comes up, ignore all to continue. Please playback the result file and see if it can be played or not.

Comment

If ignore all errors in DVDFab then the disc copy will not get past 2%.

Comment

Originally posted by WildThing78 View Post
              If ignore all errors in DVDFab then the disc copy will not get past 2%.
              That's what I see as well

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                Please reboot your computer, input the disc to drive and start the process, when read error comes up, ignore all to continue. Please playback the result file and see if it can be played or not.
                Hi Mona,

The computer didn't like it.

Errors on loading, then after ignoring those I could start the full disc copy job but it did start reporting errors.

Got to 2% then it hung reducing the mb/s down to below 1mb/s pushing the time remaining into the hundreds.

Additionally, I tried to rip the movie only but after the initial loading errors there wasn't any files shown to process.

​​

Comment

Have ordered a 3rd CAPTAIN MARVEL disc to see if it's the same. I have also ordered a new Bufallo drive just in case the one I have is defective, although the drive I have has managed to rip MOON in 4K this morning using DeUHD, but DVDFab couldn't rip the BluRay fresh from the box using the UHD drive or my spare BluRay drive.

This is costing me a fortune!

Comment

Another note, and I'm not sure it's relevent, but MOON BluRay was also showing errors on two different drives (one of them is very, very reliable) and I wasn't able to full disc it with DVDFab.

However, I used AnyDVD and the rip was perfect.

In other news, both MOON UHD and ALITA UHD worked with DeUHD, using my Bufallo drive, including with the 3D and BluRay versions of ALITA, so I've cancelled the new drive.

I should get another version of CAPTAIN MARVEL tomorrow. I'll post how I get on. Third time's a charm, as they say!

Comment

Hi thxtexed, please give Passkey a try and see the result. Thanks.

Comment

Have ordered a 3rd CAPTAIN MARVEL disc to see if it's the same. I have also ordered a new Bufallo drive just in case the one I have is defective, although the drive I have has managed to rip MOON in 4K this morning using DeUHD, but DVDFab couldn't rip the BluRay fresh from the box using the UHD drive or my spare BluRay drive.

This is costing me a fortune!
                        I'm 99.99999999% certain this isn't a disk or drive problem as I'm seeing the exact same behavior when trying to rip the disk with DVDfab, but have no problems ripping the same disk in the same drive with MakeMKV.

Comment

Hi Mona,

I'll install the trial version of Passkey (I never purchased the BluRay Passkey as I thought it wasn't required - and has never been required for years!) and give things another go.

I've discounted a fault with the drive (and cancelled the order for the new one) as it can read BluRays/UHD BluRays that DVDFab is also having issues with (Moon and Alita were throwing up errors too - but one problem at a time please!). I had no problems using AnyDVD and DeUHD for those titles.

Again, it could be the Captain Marvel disc - a thrid copy of the disc is on its way, as DeUHD couldn't read it either.

I also points to a possible issue in the software since discs that regularly flagged up with read errors could be read under the same circumstances using AnyDVD or DeUHD.

If the third version of Captain Marvel fails on both DVDFab and DeUHD I think I'll just draw a line under the issue and return the disc.

Is there an unreadable disc list? Might be worth starting one!

Comment

Are there any updates on this?

Comment

Nothing from me as of yet. On holiday at the moment, plus my replacement disc hasn't arrived yet.

Apparently, Amazon CS are looking into the issue too. No idea how many have been sent back to trigger that response, unless that minimum is two!

Comment

Nothing from me as of yet. On holiday at the moment, plus my replacement disc hasn't arrived yet.

Apparently, Amazon CS are looking into the issue too. No idea how many have been sent back to trigger that response, unless that minimum is two!
                                It's at least 3 :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X