This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Title Support Request Captain Marvel

I am getting read errors almost immediately as this disc is being read.

The surface is clean, and can be read by other UHD ripping software (not everyone wants an MKV file on its own - some of us like having a full disc).

Thanks in advance!

Please attach the DVDFab internal log session for this title and supply the country where it was purchased or a buy link.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here's the log, trimmed to the issue.

Amazon, UK.

I did have to stop the rip attempt, but the errors were fast and there were a lot of them.

If you need me to upload anything to the FTP site please PM me the instructions.

Thanks for all the help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Have ordered a replacement in case of authoring error. Should be here 16th July.

Comment

I ripped the UHD disc with no issues but the standard blu-ray in 2 other software I got read errors.

Comment

Hopefully I'll be able to test the new disc by the end of the day. ?

Comment

Originally posted by thxtexed View Post

Amazon, UK.

I did have to stop the rip attempt, but the errors were fast and there were a lot of them.

If you need me to upload anything to the FTP site please PM me the instructions.

Thanks for all the help.
              I'm seeing the exact same problem.

Comment

Amazon, UK.

Thanks for all the help.
                I have sent you the PM, please check, thanks.

Comment

Got the message, Mona. Just waiting on the new copy of the disc to arrive. It's on it's way. I'll try a copy first before uploading the information.

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Simpson View Post

I'm seeing the exact same problem.
                    Maybe it's an authoring/printing error. Will see what happens when the new disc arrives at some point today.

I'll keep you posted!

Comment

Second disc has arrived and does exactly the same.

Files uploaded to FTP as Captain Marvel.zip.

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.

Comment

Second disc has arrived and does exactly the same.

Files uploaded to FTP as Captain Marvel.zip.

Let me know if I can be of any more assistance.
                        Same here, second disk also not readable. I belevie this is a DVDFab issue as I'm able to read & decode the disk in MakeMKV.

Comment

But have you tried playback? Both discs through MakeMKV had a big glitch right at the beginning of the film, during the Marvel/Thanks Stan logo. Seemed to play fine after that.

Comment

Also errors on Captain Marvel are being picked up on DeUHD too.

Starting to wonder if it's the drive but it's read every disc I've thrown at it except the first four films of the Harry Potter series (MKV Passthrough was fine - all discs were read successfully on the Full Disc option but the WB logo was in slo-mo and the sound was a broken data stream on playback - movie seems to be OK). The last four are fine. No errors - no broken logos or sound.

Have Full Disc'd The Hunger Games series without a problem with errors or playback.

I'll have to get the magnifying glass out to check the lens. You know, just to be sure.

Comment

I had read errors the second time around on this. I just kept trying until I was able to successfully rip it. I tried to upload the AACS directory but it won't let me and the DVDfab internal file for you guys is here. Here's a link to the AACS zip file that contains the directory. https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4j0vym5kn...ctory.zip?dl=0
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X