Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Best Configuration PC for a UHD Dolby Vision PC

Hi,
    I'm in the process of making an HTPC purely for the purpose of Ripping UHD's and there is no other purpose of the PC. I needed to understand what is the best possible configuration. I was planning for the Ryzen 9 3900x/Intel i9 9900K with a 2080Ti. Should I use a lesser CPU ie 3700x/i7 or should I use 2 2080Ti's in SLI mode? Any inputs will be of great help.

Hi cartman, I suggest the i9 with a 2080, these will process UHDs at near Blu-ray speeds. Others may feel differently.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Hi cartman, I suggest the i9 with a 2080, these will process UHDs at near Blu-ray speeds. Others may feel differently.
      Thank you very much. Also, does RAM make a difference that is like 32 GB or 64GB? And when I enable CUDA Encoding is there any load on the CPU ie do I need a faster CPU?

Comment

Working...
      X