No announcement yet.

Which drive should I to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only the first one that you listed is capable of UHD.

Comment

I believe that the LG WH14NS40 might be UHD capable IF the label on the drive reads 'SVC CODE: NS50' and IF it has firmware version 1.02 or lower. (You can always downgrade firmware using firmware downgrade tool but if you factor in the cost of the utility it would end up costing more than the WH16NS60 drive by itself.) I have three WH14NS40 drives (one with firmware 1.02, and two with 1.03) and they have all worked flawlessly. Of course you wont know how the label on the drive reads till you acquire it, so its a crap shoot, but will likely have 1.03 but will also likely be an NS50. You can always try it and if it has 1.03, then return it and get the WH16NS60. The only thing you lose is time. Or you might save 50 bucks.
      Last edited by LaciBacsi; 07-30-2019, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AcIDc0r3 View Post
        Only the first one that you listed is capable of UHD.
        wrong all of them are after they are flashed

Comment

i would recommend the WH14NS40 and crossflash it to a WH16NS60 the dvd fab tool wont do that but look around you will see how to

Comment

Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post
            I believe that the LG WH14NS40 might be UHD capable IF the label on the drive reads 'SVC CODE: NS50' and IF it has firmware version 1.02 or lower. (You can always downgrade firmware using firmware downgrade tool but if you factor in the cost of the utility it would end up costing more than the WH16NS60 drive by itself.) I have three WH14NS40 drives (one with firmware 1.02, and two with 1.03) and they have all worked flawlessly. Of course you wont know how the label on the drive reads till you acquire it, so its a crap shoot, but will likely have 1.03 but will also likely be an NS50. You can always try it and if it has 1.03, then return it and get the WH16NS60. The only thing you lose is time. Or you might save 50 bucks.
            this is all true but an WH16NS60 will come with 1.01 now and also need to be flashed to work with dvdfab

Comment

Thank you for all suggestion.

I think I will order LG WH14NS40.

Comment

As the others have noted, not all units of that model will work.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  As the others have noted, not all units of that model will work.
                  all the new ones shipped and sold by amazon are ns50 i have bought 150+ and have 1.03 there current build date they are shipping around are 1/30/19 1.04 supposably was started sometime in 2/xx/19 and that disables dosflash access so the dvdfab tool will no longer work

Comment

LG WH14NS40 NS50 Firmware 1.02 or lower = no need to flash
                    LG WH14NS40 NS50 Firmware 1.03 = need to flash
                    LG WH14NS40 NS50 Firmware 1.04 = not work

Am I right?

If I order today may be get 1.04?

Comment

Originally posted by gantz View Post
                      LG WH14NS40 NS50 Firmware 1.02 or lower = no need to flash
                      LG WH14NS40 NS50 Firmware 1.03 = need to flash
                      LG WH14NS40 NS50 Firmware 1.04 = not work

Am I right?

If I order today may be get 1.04?
                      you are correct
                      but i always flash the WH14NS40 to WH16NS60 to fix the sleepbug even if it has 1.02

slim chance i just got 2 today both have 1.03 but you can flash 1.04 just not with dvdfab

Comment

Originally posted by steavedaguru View Post
                        you are correct
                        but i always flash the WH14NS40 to WH16NS60 to fix the sleepbug even if it has 1.02

slim chance i just got 2 today both have 1.03 but you can flash 1.04 just not with dvdfab
                        Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                        X