Buffalo BRUHD-PU3 - Downgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Drive Tool Buffalo BRUHD-PU3 - Downgrade

Is it possible to downgrade (or re-grade will probably be a better description of what I want to do), the above drive from Official to Friendly using Drive Tool?

It is not on the latest list of supported drives, sorry.

LG WH14NS40 (internal, SVC code: NS50) Tested
    LG WH16NS40 (internal, SVC code: NS50) Tested
    LG BH16NS40 (internal, SVC code: NS50) Tested
    LG UH12NS40 (internal) Tested
    LG BH16NS55 (internal) Tested
    LG BH14NS58 (internal) Tested
    LG BH16NS58 (internal) Tested
    LG WH16NS58 (internal) Tested
    LG BE16NU50 (external, USB) Tested
    ASUS BC-12B1ST a/b (internal, manufactured 2015+) Tested for a
    ASUS BC-12D2HT (internal, manufactured 2015+) Tested
    ASUS BW-16D1HT a/b (internal, manufactured 2015+) Tested
    ASUS BW-16D1H-U (external, USB, manufactured 2015+)

UHD official drives:

LG WH16NS60 (internal, recommended) Tested
    Note that some recent firmwares for listed drives may not be supported for downgrading according to reports from users.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Interesting! I downgraded the firmware from bu11 to bu10 using Drive Tool...

Comment

Originally posted by thxtexed View Post
        Interesting! I downgraded the firmware from bu11 to bu10 using Drive Tool...
        Really, without taking out the drive from the USB enclosure and connecting it to SATA bus of your PC? That's what I'm waiting for.

I'm trying to delete my post, I just realized that you did the work around. :-)

Comment

Ah, no. Took the drive out as per the instructions that were on DVDFab.

To be honest, now that I've done it once I could easily do it again. Even left the old laptop that I resurrected to make the change in the same configuration.

It's now a case of popping the drive into the laptop and hitting a button!

Comment

Working...
          X