Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UHD Ripper Says It Will Take A LONG Time (30+ hours) To Rip A Movie. Is this right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Says It Will Take A LONG Time (30+ hours) To Rip A Movie. Is this right?

I just got a 4K TV so I thought I'd take a crack at ripping one of my 4K disks.

I'm starting with Watchmen Ultimate Cut, but seeing the same on Logan.

Rip time estimate is something like 32 hours. I let it go for 2 hours and it got to 8% of the movie before I killed it.

Is that time right?

Is there some setting(s) that I need to adjust?

My system is pretty beefy:
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 7800X @ 3.50GHz
    Skylake-X 14nm Technology
    RAM
    64.0GB Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
    Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH16NS40
    Graphics
    BenQ BL3200 (2560x1440@59Hz)
    XenSource Citrix Indirect Display Adapter (Undefined)
    3071MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (EVGA)
    SLI Disabled

Log is included

Attached Files

Your PC looks good as far as capabilities go and should be fine. Check to see if DVDFab is recognizing the 2080 correctly (note that it must be the active card) by clicking on the Hardware Info button on the Common Settings->AV Codec page. It will show you a list with the modes that are supported. Also check to see if you have the latest driver for the 2080 installed.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I had something similar when I first started ripping 4K. What I found was the software was trying to rip a disc bigger than expected, so was trying to compress on the fly rather than make a 1 to 1 copy.

I set up the copy function as BD100.

Once the disc has been read and is ready to copy click on the spanner icon and make sure the disc size is bigger than what was read.

I don't have my drives to hand to take screenshots to show what I mean, but I hope what I've described is what you're experiencing and a way to fix it!
      Last edited by thxtexed; 08-25-2019, 10:30 PM.

Comment

@MrMagooAZ, please post your dvdfab_internal log file as well. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X