This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Sound asynchronous or missing completely

I have ripped several ISO files from my UHD titles and tried to rip MKVs from those ISOs.
    And of course I'm always updating to the latest version of the UHD Ripper.

With about 70% of all the ISO files I get either:
    a) audio is completely lost after a certain point in the MKV
    or
    b) audio is asynchronous right from the beginning or from a certain point in time
    The other 30% are just playing fine.

The interesting thing is that ALL of the ISO files play nicely without any issues in VLC media player. But 70% of the MKVs do show these problems (and these problems are not only in VLC playback, but also with KODI etc.)

And it does not seem to matter whether I use passthrough audio (which is my default) or encode it somehow.

Did anyone here experience something similar?

Choose one that exhibits this problem and locate the DVDFab internal log session where it was made and attach it to a new post. I have not seen any other reports of these symptoms.
    Tips for supplying logs:http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry for getting back so late on this. Please find attached the latest one. There seem to be a lot of sync errors ...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by summo View Post
        With about 70% of all the ISO files I get either:
        a) audio is completely lost after a certain point in the MKV
        or
        b) audio is asynchronous right from the beginning or from a certain point in time
        Please give DVDFab Player 5 a try, use it to playback those problematic mkvs and see the result.

a, please name some of them that completely lost audio. Also, if you try switching audio tracks, make a difference?
        When you playback the same MKV file on different players or play it a second time, will the "certain point" remain the same? Or the "certain point" happens randomly during the playback?

b, still, "a certain point" meant the same point for the same MKV when playback? no mater changing players or not? If the "point" is the same one, please specify the time mark and name the movie.

Comment

Just tried it with DVDFab Player 5 - same results as with all the other players.

Concerning your questions on specific movies, I need to go back in history to get the names. I will certainly get back to you on this next week. Probably I just need to re-run the conversion for them. Do you also need the log files for those?

Comment

Yes, log files will be needed.
            Please also use Mediainfo tool to analyze some of the MKV files do not have any audio for playback and post the result file here.

Comment

Ok, concerning a) and b) here's something attached. This one loses audio at 7m11s into the movie in the MKV (no matter whether I play it in DVDfab Player 5 or VLC). The ISO which I generated the MKV from plays fine.
              The movie's name is BALLON (or BALLOON as English title) - see https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7125774/
              As the movie just has a German audio track I cannot check switching to something else for now. Will do with a different movie later.
              Attached Files

Comment

After further testing, I have to admit that I made wrong statements. Actually also the ISOs have been flawed. So, there was no issue with DVDfab, but only with my hardware. After getting a new drive, everything worked out fine with the same discs. Sorry for the hassle and thanks for diving into this anyway.
                This thread can be closed.

Comment

Originally posted by summo View Post
                  After further testing, I have to admit that I made wrong statements. Actually also the ISOs have been flawed. So, there was no issue with DVDfab, but only with my hardware. After getting a new drive, everything worked out fine with the same discs. Sorry for the hassle and thanks for diving into this anyway.
                  This thread can be closed.
                  Thank you for the update, I am glad that you figured it out.
                  Thread closed.

Comment

Working...
                  X