B-frames Turing not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B-frames Turing not working

I installed latest DVDFAB 11.0.4.7 and latest Nvidia drivers. I activated B-frame with Turing in parameters.

But after encoding, when i analyze video streams with ffprobe, only I and P frames - no B-frames !
    I tried many settings without results.

I have a RTX 2060

Please try MediaInfo to see if it shows the same result. Also, please attach the DVDFab internal log session from one of the conversions that had no B frames, along with the fabcheck log.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It's a strange issue. In UHD copy, with many discs no B-frames. Few discs are properly encoded using B-frames with my RTX 2060. I'm using another software with support of UHD disc copy using B-frames Turing encoding, no issue with it...

Comment

Hi, even with latest version. Always the same issue. No HEVC encoding using B-frames. I checked on two computers with every Nvidia drivers, every releases of DVD Fab and many discs with UHD Copy / conversion >>> files are always encoded using only P / I frames despite activating B-Frame turing in settings...
        Last edited by ministry49; 02-03-2020, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ministry49 View Post
          Hi, even with latest version. Always the same issue. No HEVC encoding using B-frames. I checked on two computers with every Nvidia drivers, every releases of DVD Fab and many discs with UHD Copy / conversion >>> files are always encoded using only P / I frames despite activating B-Frame turing in settings...
          Please list some of the movies that cannot use B-frames, also please provide the internal log and fabcheck_internal log, thanks.

Comment

I just tried with the UHD disc of "Doctor Sleep" - Dolby Vision / HDR10+ Full disc to BD50 - correctly encoded with B-frames... weird :/
            I will try with another UHD, and give you results and logs.

----

Another question : it is possible to remove Dolby Vision with UHD copy ? If no, that would be a usefull feature...

Comment

Another question : it is possible to remove Dolby Vision with UHD copy ? If no, that would be a usefull feature...
              I have passed this as a feature request to our developers, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X