Clear All

Found new copy protection on jigsaw 2017

I bought the blu ray 4k jigsaw 2017 it cames
    from the United States, i tried to make a copy
    with both my blu ray players and both accused read
    errors, eventually aborting the operation, tested the
    movie on my room reader Sony HD UBP-X700, which
    read the disc without any problems or failures, tested
    a copy on my computer again, this time I used other software, and surprise of surprises, the copy was
    made without any problems, he only conclusion is
    that there is a protection on this blu ray that prevents dvdfab
    to make the copy indicating read errors when the dvd does not
    have any problem and where competing software can copy,
    i attach prints and log of dvdfab.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by signals; 12-05-2019, 01:14 AM.

Removed the screen captures, they are not needed and could not be seen clearly in any event. Follow these guidelines for attaching images in the future: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...in-forum-posts This title should be supported, please supply a link for the place you purchased it. I have also removed the names of the other software you used, it is not relevant, please do not do this again.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry for the software names it was the only way to describe whats happening, you could associate the description to disk problems,here is the link:
      https://www.amazon.com/Jigsaw-4K-Blu...=ATVPDKIKX0DER.

Comment

You could say “”other software”” in the future. I still think this title should be supported, I will try to find my copy and test it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well let me telL you something Signals,with drive BD-re WH16NS60 with other softwares is not possible to do any copy of this disk and im using the wright firmware, withd BD-re BH16NS55,with DVDFab cicle error and with others no problem i make the test with the three softwares already and is confirm that is something used to protect the dvd from copys, another issue in other blu ray disks that i never say nothing is about dolby vision some movies like prince of darknes from John carpenter for example you cannot make the copy to be played in a home theater, it as to be used other softwares to remove dolby vision and then its possible to burn in a disk and whatch on the tv, this issue happens to with this movie jigsaw.,

Comment

Ok after some tests i found Three titles in the main playlist, title 800 who creates at the end two files and error cicles,title 799
            who ve got error cicles too but dont got dolby vision, and last title 599 dvd fab can make a copy with dolby vision
            without any problem, but only of the movie,if you trie to copy the all movie
            its impossible, only with other softwares, i hope this help you find a solution to this disk.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Anselmo View Post
              I bought the blu ray 4k jigsaw 2017 it cames
              from the United States, i tried to make a copy
              with both my blu ray players and both accused read
              errors, eventually aborting the operation, tested the
              movie on my room reader Sony HD UBP-X700, which
              read the disc without any problems or failures, tested
              a copy on my computer again, this time I used other software, and surprise of surprises, the copy was
              made without any problems, he only conclusion is
              that there is a protection on this blu ray that prevents dvdfab
              to make the copy indicating read errors when the dvd does not
              have any problem and where competing software can copy,
              i attach prints and log of dvdfab.
              Please use an older version of DVDFab or DVDFab Passkey to copy the same movie that error out for now. It could be a problem in the latest DVDFab version, we need some time to fix it, thank you.

Comment

Thanks for your research and feedback Phil.

Comment

Working...
                X