16.0GB Ram
    Main drive is SSD
    2nd drive it 1TB SATA
    NVidia GeForce GTX970

I know the video card isn't the best.

If I look at hardware info
    Under the Decoder only H264/1080P and H264/4K has a green checkmark
    Under Encoder same two plus H265/1080P and H265/4K

Best speed it get is .55MB/s when encoding UHD4K. Starts out at 1MB or faster but quickly goes down.
    Average time encoding is about 31-32 hours.

Was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction to speed up encoding and how fast a speed I might get.
    Do I just need a better video card?

I also have access to a dual processor machine with XEON processors. Will this make a difference?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
    Phil

try checking for a newer driver update for your graphics card.

Comment

Originally posted by plouie10 View Post
      Hi
      I currently run Windows 10 with
      i7-4700K CPU@3.50GHz
      16.0GB Ram
      Main drive is SSD
      2nd drive it 1TB SATA
      NVidia GeForce GTX970

I know the video card isn't the best.

If I look at hardware info
      Under the Decoder only H264/1080P and H264/4K has a green checkmark
      Under Encoder same two plus H265/1080P and H265/4K

Best speed it get is .55MB/s when encoding UHD4K. Starts out at 1MB or faster but quickly goes down.
      Average time encoding is about 31-32 hours.

Was wondering if somebody could point me in the right direction to speed up encoding and how fast a speed I might get.
      Do I just need a better video card?

I also have access to a dual processor machine with XEON processors. Will this make a difference?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
      Phil
      Definitely some thing not right with that ripping speed, I have a similar rig and and UHD rip takes about 3 hours for a typical movie, looks like the GPU isn't being used at all so it's just relying on the CPU.

Comment

Please post the log file for the process, you can refer to this post to send us the feedback ID: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...oblems-quickly

Comment

Here is my Feedback ID 7435070. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by plouie10 View Post
            Here is my Feedback ID 7435070. Thanks
            It seems something not right about the log file, please try again, go to C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab 11\Log, find and attach the dvdfab_internal log file to the post, thanks.

Comment

Here you go.
              Thanks
              Attached Files

Comment

While waiting analysis of my log file I would appreciate if others would post their setup and what kind of speeds they are getting. With new Nvidia drivers I was able to boost the speed from .55MB/s to .95MB/s so double my original speed, but still around 24hours for one main movie.
                Thanks

Comment

After looking into my PC, I've decided it's quite old in terms of PC's so I've decided to upgrade and get something will a little more punch. Moderators, please feel free to delete this post as I don't know how to otherwise.
                  Thanks

Comment

Plouie,
                    I have an old laptop with a similar cpu but an even older gpu (gtx 570) that rips Blu-rays at about 30-50 frames per second with Lightning Shrink enabled. A newer one with better cpu and gpu (rtx 2080) can do them from a HDD folder at 400-500 FPS.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                      plouie,
                      i have an old laptop with a similar cpu but an even older gpu (gtx 570) that rips blu-rays at about 30-50 frames per second with lightning shrink enabled. A newer one with better cpu and gpu (rtx 2080) can do them from a hdd folder at 400-500 fps.
                      4k uhd?

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Simpson View Post

4k uhd?
                        Yes 4K. Average is .58 to .69MB/s. 30 hours average encoding time. Painful. Can't wait to get my new PC!!! Also, I don't know where to look at FPS?

Comment

FPS is shown in the Ripper module, data rate is shown in the Copy module. My speeds are for Blu-ray with the Source on a SSD and the Target on a 7200 rpm HDD. Discs are slower, reading and writing the same drive is slower.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ahh so I copy the UHD 4K disc to the HDD then rip and convert to 50GB ISO file on the same drive. Perhaps that's why the speed is so slow. My new system will have PCIe.WD NVMe M.2 drive Read 3470MB/s Write 2600MB/s with a standard sata III SSD TB as a 2nd drive. So will rip from one and write to the other. That should speed things up.

Comment

New system done. Rizen 7 2700X. 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR 3200MHz, 500GB WD M.2 PCIe SSD, GTX 1660 video, WD 1TB 2.5" SSD 2nd drive. System rocks. After copying disc to hard drive, encoding main movie only from 60GB-50GB speed is at 68MB/s. I was flabbergasted. Approx. 15 minutes to iso image. Way better than the 30 hours it was taking me.

Comment

Working...
                              X