No announcement yet.

Getting Failure downloading the firmware error. WH16NS40 drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Drive Tool Getting Failure downloading the firmware error. WH16NS40 drive

Hello I am getting an error that firmware cannot be downloaded. I attached the log file. It says for me to check the network connection but I have no problem browsing the Internet and I'm writing this forum post from the same PC so I do not know what the issue is here.
    Attached Files

try checking your firewall or your security software to see if
    those aren't blocking anything.

Comment

Hello. I disabled my firewall temporarily and the same things happens. No issue downloading DVDFAB updates, only the firmware for this drive.

Comment

Is there a direct link where I can download the firmware and then place it into a folder within DVDFAB so it can flash the drive?

Comment

please try the new version of dvdfab that was just released 11.0.8.2
          has fix for firmware (New: Updated the UHD Drive Tool to add support to a new drive WH16NS40 (firmware 1.04)

Comment

Same issue...log attached. Turned off Bitdefender completely and made sure windows 10 firewall was also off at the time.
            Attached Files

Comment

Also....the "Open Log Folder" button on the UHD Drive Tool 2.0.0.2 does not open the correct folder path. If you go to the DVDFab Main window, menu, Open Log Folder that does take me to the correct log folder in \Documents\DVDFab11\Log

Comment

Try taking the tool’s temp file off of OneDrive, it may be a timing issue. This may avoid problems with other DVDFab components also.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

Please try it again and tell me the result, did a fix from server.

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello, sorry for the delay in responding back as I was away for a while. The firmware tool works now. I did notice it downgraded drive from firmware 1.03 down to 1.02 according to the log. I assume this is correct. Before it was attempting to downgrade to firmware 1.0 but failed to download it. So if 1.02 is correct then I think I am all set. I will test the drive's ability to backup a UHD movie in the next few days. I attached the log showing the success.

On the note about taking the tool (and possibly other DVDFAB files) off of Onedrive....is this something I should still look to do ?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X