Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I Direct Render the foreign language track while remuxing the regular subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper How do I Direct Render the foreign language track while remuxing the regular subs?

I'm trying to rip the last episode of Game of Thrones and I can't get the forced subs to show up in the resulting mkv. Fab recognizes the forced subs because I can see when it analyzes them during the ripping process. But the forced subs don't show in the mkv. The settings in the picture attached are what I tried last and didn't work. What do the sub settings need to be to Direct Render the foreign language forced subs but remux the regular subs?
    Attached Files

Can anyone tell me the settings I need to use to get the forced subs to show up in the mkv?

Comment

What do the sub settings need to be to Direct Render the foreign language forced subs but remux the regular subs?
      It's not supported. I've passed this as a feature request to our product manager.

Comment

I've ripped plenty of movies that show the forced subs without having to enable subtitles so I know Fab can do it somehow. I'm confused. If it doesn't Direct Render the forced track does it simply display it? If that's what it does how do I do that? Usually it simply works for me automatically without having to do anything but this won't.

Comment

If those foreign subtitles are "forced subtitles", they will automatically display without you doing much. If those subtitles are not forced, then find out which subtitle stream they are in, and then pick that one and put the tiny triangle in front of that subtitle stream, it shall display it by default when Subtitle is set to ON during playback.

Comment

They are Forced Subtitles as identified by Fab during the ripping process as Forced Subtitle Stream Located At etc. However; when the rip is complete the forced subs still don't show in the mkv. There is only one English subtitle track on the disc.

I never knew about the triangle when there's multiple sub tracks. Thx for that info.

Turning the subs on is exactly what I can't do and why I need the forced subs to show automatically. Unfortunately, I'm having to use the Plex app built into my LG TV to stream 4K content right now and with it you can either view content in HDR or enable subtitles but not both. If you turn on subs the content switches to SDR. This is why I need to be able to get the forced subs to show automatically without having to turn subtitles on the way it works in the movies I've done that have forced subs.

Do you want me to rip it again and post the log?

Comment

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post
              They are Forced Subtitles as identified by Fab during the ripping process as Forced Subtitle Stream Located At etc. However; when the rip is complete the forced subs still don't show in the mkv. There is only one English subtitle track on the disc.

I never knew about the triangle when there's multiple sub tracks. Thx for that info.

Turning the subs on is exactly what I can't do and why I need the forced subs to show automatically. Unfortunately, I'm having to use the Plex app built into my LG TV to stream 4K content right now and with it you can either view content in HDR or enable subtitles but not both. If you turn on subs the content switches to SDR. This is why I need to be able to get the forced subs to show automatically without having to turn subtitles on the way it works in the movies I've done that have forced subs.

Do you want me to rip it again and post the log?
              try clicking common settings - conversion - and check the box " always display only forced subtitles "
              retry your disc again and see if the forced subtitles show up.

Comment

Thx I'll try that tonight and let you know the results. I never knew that that option was there. Guess I'm lucky that all the movies I've done with forced subs have worked this whole time with that option haven been unchecked..

Comment

Unfortunately that didn't help. The forced subs still aren't showing in the mkv after the rip. I've attached a screenshot showing that Fab recognizes the forced subs and the log.

Should I leave that option checked to "always display only forced subtitles" or should I go back and uncheck it? It's been unchecked for years but the forced subs have always worked until now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GOT.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	380744

Comment

Unfortunately that didn't help. The forced subs still aren't showing in the mkv after the rip. I've attached a screenshot showing that Fab recognizes the forced subs and the log.

Should I leave that option checked to "always display only forced subtitles" or should I go back and uncheck it? It's been unchecked for years but the forced subs have always worked until now.

What player are you using to play the MKV file, maybe the problem is with that, not the rip.

Comment

if the subs are still not showing then go ahead and uncheck the " always display only forced subtitles "

Comment

You will need to do this as a two-step process. Use Direct Render to burn the forced/translation subs into the video, then take that output and use the Converter module to mux in the full dialog subs. Unclear why you would want both, but it should work.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Simpson View Post

What player are you using to play the MKV file, maybe the problem is with that, not the rip.
                          FabPlayer, VLC, PotPlayer, Plex, Leawo and PowerDVD. The forced subs don't show in any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

if the subs are still not showing then go ahead and uncheck the " always display only forced subtitles "
                            K thx.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                              You will need to do this as a two-step process. Use Direct Render to burn the forced/translation subs into the video, then take that output and use the Converter module to mux in the full dialog subs. Unclear why you would want both, but it should work.
                              Ah, it's because I'm having to use the Plex app built into my TV to stream 4K content right now. There's a bug that's been there for years apparently where you can either view the content in HDR or you can use subtitles but you can't do both. So however Fab gets the forced subs to work without enabling regular subtitles that's all I need to do. I thought it was through Direct Render but if it's not that's OK. I just need to know how to get them working without having to enable the regular subs. The forced subs in everything else have always simply worked so I don't know why these aren't working.

Comment

Working...
                              X