11.0.8.7 Converter profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11.0.8.7 Converter profiles

I am wondering. Has the convenience of the converter got lost with the 11.0.8.7. profile concept? With pre 11.0.8.7...
    1. ...I chose my desired target format.
    2. After that I chose my desired target folrder.
    3. Then I draged several files, lets say 21, from the windows explorer into the DVDFab window.
    4. To start the converter process I had to press the start button.
    5. Done!
    With 11.0.8.7 I experienced this:
    1. There is no way to choose my desired target format, so I drag 21 files from the windows explorer into the DVDFab window.
    2. To change the format I have to change the format of the first file, the remaining files keep their undesired format.
    3. To change the format of the second file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    4. To change the format of the third file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    5. To change the format of the fourth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    6. To change the format of the fifth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    7. To change the format of the sixth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    8. To change the format of the seventh file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    9. To change the format of the eighth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    10. To change the format of the nineth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    11. To change the format of the tenth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    12. To change the format of the eleventh file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    13. To change the format of the twelfth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    14. To change the format of the thirteenth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    15. To change the format of the fourteenth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    16. To change the format of the fifteenth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    17. To change the format of the sixteenth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    18. To change the format of the seventeenth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    19. To change the format of the eighteenth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    20. To change the format of the nineteenth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining files still keep their undesired format.
    21. To change the format of the twentieth file, I have to change the format of this file, too. The remaining file still keeps its undesired format.
    22. To change the format of the twenty-first file, I have to change the format of this file, too.
    23. To finally start the converter process I had to press the start button.
    24. At last done.
    That seems to be an annoying click paradise instead of a convenient and intuitive user guidance...

I think your example (21 files to 21 different formats) is purposely unrealistic. In the real world it’s far more likely that almost all of the 21 files would all be converted the same way with an occasional outlier that you set manually, a realistic situation where the Preset would prevent many dreaded clicks. Note that as shown in the mini-guide, you can still access the manual format choices with only one click.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well, it's not 21 different formats. Actually its only one. But this can't be chosen before files are dragged into the DVDFab window. One has to drag the files to be converted first. After that one can change the format to be converted. And this has to be done for every single file individually. If the converter shows MP4 as target format for all dragged in files, you change the first to MKV Passthrough. All the 20 remaining files keep MP4 as target format. Then you change the second file to MKV Passthrough. All the now 19 remaining files keep MP4 as target format. And so on. You have to change all 21 files individually from MP4 to MKV Passthrough. This is not done in one step for all dragged in files. This is the annoying part I am talking about.

I took a look at the profiles in common settings. As I understand it, it is about DVDs, BDs and UHDs in the Ripper module. There is no profil for any file format regarding the converter module. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong about this.

Meanwhile I discovered that one has to exercise a two step process to get it halfway convenient:
      1. At first I chose my desired target folrder.
      2. There is still no way to choose my desired target format, so I drag only the first of 21 files file from the windows explorer into the DVDFab window.
      3. To change the format I have to change the format of the first file.
      4. Now the remaining 20 other files can be dragged into the DVDFab window, too. They will be processed by using the before changed format.
      5. To start the converter process I had to press the start button.
      6. Done here, too.
      So this is a list of six actions to be done. One more than in pre 11.0.8.7. And it is a little bit cumbersome importing one file first, then adjusting the target format and after that importing the remaining files before starting the full converting process instead of adjusting the target format first, then import all files at once and after that starting the converting process.

Even if the last target format will be the preset for a new converter session, I usually use two different target formats, namely MP4 and MKV Passthrough. So I have to change the target format then and now. And this is now more cumbersome than before.

Comment

We will add an “apply to All source” feature in the new versions, so you won't need to change format/profile for every source.

Comment

That sounds good. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Working...
          X