Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind (UK Release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Copy Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind (UK Release)

DVDfab is able to open the disk and read the different titles, but it isn't able to actually copy anything. The copy operation appears to start normally, but then just sits there at 0% progress. I don't beleive this is a problem with my specific copy of the disk as I can read it in other applications. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	653
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	383464

Nik, the log is full of read errors, the disc may be bad or not fully supported. Earlier versions of this title were, not sure about the 40th anniversary edition, the devs will need to check it. Do other 4k titles process normally?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Nik, the log is full of read errors, the disc may be bad or not fully supported. Earlier versions of this title were, not sure about the 40th anniversary edition, the devs will need to check it. Do other 4k titles process normally?
      Yes, I'm able to process other 4K disks normally, and MakeMKV is able to process this disk, so I think it's a protection issue. Should I upload the AACS folder?

Comment

I've gone ahead and uploaded the AACS folder and log file to the FTP site in directory uploads/Close Encounters (UK-4K) AACS

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Simpson View Post
          I've gone ahead and uploaded the AACS folder and log file to the FTP site in directory uploads/Close Encounters (UK-4K) AACS
          I've passed the file to developer, meanwhile, please update to the latest DVDFab 11 to try again and see the result. If still have problem, please attach the latest dvdfab_internal log file, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

I've passed the file to developer, meanwhile, please update to the latest DVDFab 11 to try again and see the result. If still have problem, please attach the latest dvdfab_internal log file, thanks.
            Upgrading to the latest version made no difference, I've attached the log file. Just FYI, I've now succesfully copied all the versions of he film of the disk using MakeMKV without any errors, so it's not a media or drive problem.
            Attached Files

Comment

The developer checked your uploaded file and the issue was not caused by protection. There's read error, DVDFab has stricter disc-checking process than makemkv, so the disc condition could cause the problem. Since the movie is supported already, please ignore read error in DVDFab Common Settings, and then use Clone mode to copy the disc again and see the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                The developer checked your uploaded file and the issue was not caused by protection. There's read error, DVDFab has stricter disc-checking process than makemkv, so the disc condition could cause the problem. Since the movie is supported already, please ignore read error in DVDFab Common Settings, and then use Clone mode to copy the disc again and see the result.
                When I start any process on it such as a copy, DVDfab just sits there and does nothing.

Comment

Working...
                X