Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to rip the Engilsh video track from Star Wars (Skywalker Saga) UHD Disks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to rip the Engilsh video track from Star Wars (Skywalker Saga) UHD Disks?

When DVDFab 11 is used to rip, the English sound is selected but there no option to select the video track. Whatever I rip, it is random language but English

DVDFab will copy the audio specified by the disc or whatever audio stream you instruct it to use. Do you mean that if you tell it to use English it uses some other language? Are you using Copy or Ripper mode?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for answering
      These disk will first ask for a language for the TOP MENUE and then accordingly will display the rolling STAR WARS in the selected language. So, to what I think, intro language track is cut-in, and then the reset of the video is the same.
      I am talking the start rolling text: Long long time ago, in galaxy..far far away.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaIV View Post
        Thanks for answering
        These disk will first ask for a language for the TOP MENUE and then accordingly will display the rolling STAR WARS in the selected language. So, to what I think, intro language track is cut-in, and then the reset of the video is the same.
        I am talking the start rolling text: Long long time ago, in galaxy..far far away.
        This is the standard Disney type authoring, which Fab usually fails with. The correct title number should be 800 in most cases on Disney discs. Fab usually chooses one of the others.

Comment

Hi DeltaIV, please follow the suggestion from rdgrimes to pick the other title to see the result. If still have problem, please send us the dvdfab_internal log file for the movie, we will check for you.

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you regrimes for your analysis.
            There are no title selection 800 or so in DVDFab 11.
            Here is my LOG

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaIV View Post
              Hello,
              Thank you regrimes for your analysis.
              There are no title selection 800 or so in DVDFab 11.
              Here is my LOG
              You're not providing much information, like where you bought the UHD set, and what are the titles that are actually available. You can try them all and view them in the software to see which one is the English one. Then it'll be the same title number on each movie in the set.

Comment

Thanks regrimes,
                I got my set from ebay U.S.A, when first released in march. So the boxset is U.S. release. I live in Bahrain. Star Wars movies are uinque with there intro scrolling text. Like you said "
                This is the standard Disney type authoring, which Fab usually fails with" . The Diseny authored the set with sub authoring rouitine to select the langauge and therefore the correct intor scrolling text. DVDFab do es not know the trick as there is only video track minus the scrolling text. The UHD would not be able to hold four UHD differnt langauge viseos.

Comment

Title 800 is the correct one for the USA retail sets. Use MKV passthrough and before ripping click the "choose another title" button. What is shown in the list of titles? Of the ones with the correct run times, there is a different one for each available language. You can select one, then use Fab to play it before actually ripping - see what it is.

Comment

Thank you, thank you and thank you rdgrimes
                    Yes, Title 800 was the first in the title list and the English one. Your magic instructions was the key.
                    It was there, but arrogant me, did not even to bother to check.
                    Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
                    X