The Goonies UHD fails to rip after reaching 100%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper The Goonies UHD fails to rip after reaching 100%

I'm trying to rip the UHD version of The Goonies (1985) with dvdfab 11.1.0.5.

The ripper gets to 100% but fails to process the rip and fails.

Is this a disc or software problem?
    Just want to know before my return period on the disc expires.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Try a Main Movie in Copy mode instead of Ripper. If that works, you do not need the disc any longer and you can try it as a Source for UHD Ripper.

i will point out as a reminder that DVDFab is for discs you own.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Try a Main Movie in Copy mode instead of Ripper. If that works, you do not need the disc any longer and you can try it as a Source for UHD Ripper.

i will point out as a reminder that DVDFab is for discs you own.
      I'll try that after I try ripping it in another disc drive I have.
      If neither the different disc drive or the Main movie Copy doesn't work, I'll post the logs and get the disc replaced.

Thanks Signals

Also, I do own all the movies I rip.
      I'll attach a photo of my library when I get a chance.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Movie Library.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	385206

Last edited by FQs19; 09-07-2020, 06:46 PM. Reason: added photo

Comment

signals

Using Copy Main Movie to .ISO worked.
        I'm going to try and rip the resulting .ISO.

Here are the logs from the Copy Main Movie.
        Attached Files

Comment

signals

Using the Main Movie .ISO for the Ripper module, it also fails to process after reaching 100% completion.
          Attached are the logs.

I'm going to return the disc for a new one and try again.
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I seem to remember that Goonies was an odd title, thanks for including the logs. Great looking library by the way. I bought all the racks from a Blockbuster store when they went under but my wife would not allow them inside, so they are now the side panels on a Kia somewhere.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry to hear that, I seem to remember that Goonies was an odd title, thanks for including the logs. Great looking library by the way. I bought all the racks from a Blockbuster store when they went under but my wife would not allow them inside, so they are now the side panels on a Kia somewhere.
              Yeah, I haven't yet encountered this processing fail after reaching 100%.
              Before I started the Copy Main Movie mode, I noticed that the size % reading was continually going up and up. It took over 5mins for it to finally reach a size which was close to 56GB.
              It seemed like it was having a hard time reading the end of the disc. The .ISO file plays fine though.
              I'll update here if my new copy works or not.

Thanks for the compliment. Sorry that photo is horrible, but it's a pano of a portion of my basement which isn't very big.
              Those DVD/Bluray racks are Prepac two and three width ones. https://www.amazon.com/Prepac-Triple...G6QE07V5XZ1FF8
              They work great. I just added some shelf hangers from Home Depot and mount the Prepacs on top of them.

Comment

Update: I spoke with the Service Team, they will try to duplicate the problem first with some other content.

Comment

Update: I spoke with the Service Team, they will try to duplicate the problem first with some other content.
                  Thanks for the update.
                  FYI, I purchased the UHD from Best Buy, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-goo...?skuId=6402226,
                  It's the steel book version.
                  I'll update this post when I get a new copy. It'll take a week or two.

Comment

We could not duplicate the issue with other movie sources. After you get the new copy, please update to the latest version to try again, if still have the same issue, take a screenshot of the Advanced Settings for this movie and show us, post the latest log file too, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                      We could not duplicate the issue with other movie sources. After you get the new copy, please update to the latest version to try again, if still have the same issue, take a screenshot of the Advanced Settings for this movie and show us, post the latest log file too, thanks.
                      Unfortunately Best Buy doesn't have any more steel book copies left. So i don't knew when I'll be able to get another one. I may just get a normal uhd copy from Amazon. Either way I'll update this post when i get another disc and try to rip it.

Thanks for checking.

Comment

Update:

I purchased the UHD version from Amazon.com and found that this UHD disc had two titles, 800 and 801.
                        I tried ripping the 800 title and it failed just like the Bestbuy steelbook UHD disc.
                        I then tried ripping the 801 title and it completed with no issues.

So there is something wrong with the 800 title.
                        The Bestbuy steelbook UHD disc only had the 800 title.

Either way I ripped it successfully in the end.
                        You can close this post.
                        Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X