UHD Ripper Creates corrupt media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Creates corrupt media

I have a 12.0.1.7 dvd fab and the LG UHD Drive downgraded to the appropriate version. I have ripped approximately 5 or so UHD movies without any issues. I remember seeing updates and don't know if this is when it started, but I cannot rip blue-ray or UHD movies. The process completes and states "Complete", but when I try to watch the movie, the best way I can describe what is happening is as follows:
    The video has one frame of the actual movie, but then is a blank/black/blue/green screen for the remainder of the second - repeat, for what appears to be the entire file.

I'm not sure if I should reinstall, downgrade to an older version, or some other options.
    any help would be appreciated.

Please supply the DVDFab internal log session for one of these failures. Instructions for this are linked in my sig below. If you can’t see the links, refresh the page in your browser.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here you go.

Good Luck, we're all counting on you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Pondhopper
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So I uninstalled and reinstalled DVDFab on my windows machine in an effort to resolve this. I thought it had fixed it, and for there first 30 seconds of the movie, it appeared it was working, but then the video started doing this every 10 seconds or so then it goes back to normal, repeat.
          Attached Files

Comment

What player are you using? Will make an effort to duplicate this issue.

Comment

ok, not sure what to make of this. I ripped 12 separate UHD movies so far. All played as expected on my Mac without a problem. My wife moved her new computer from one wireless connection for an internal wireless card (I can copy a file at ~80Mb/s so I don't think speed is an issue). This is when this issue started. I first thought it was too much to both store the file on my plex server directly and whatever you need to do to decode the UHD movie. So I changed to storing the file locally first and then copying to the server. Didn't seem to help. My Mac has the latest VLC 3.0.11.1 and Plex Server 4.34.3. This all started with John Wick. (Fifth Element/Aladdin/Serenity/Star Trek Beyond all show correctly.). So I was able to watch JW on my LG TV via Plex without the strange video behavior, but it "freed memory 3 times" that I cannot watch on my Mac without the strange video effects.
              The processor doesn't appear to be taxed, but if that was the case, I would expect to happen at different locations within the movie. it appears to be fairly consistent on it's locations, making me think it's something in the encoding.
              Any suggestions would be appreciated on what setting maybe is too much for my Mac/plex server

Comment

Does this happen with standard blu-rays as well? I can’t duplicate it, no macs around here but they have them at the Beijing office.

Comment

Working...
                X