Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper John Wick 3 - Starts at very slow ripping speed, finally stops

Hi,

I've tried to rip John Wick 3 UHD (MKV passthrough). The initial BD analysis as well as movie selection works just fine, but once starting to rip the ripping speed is very low at ~1...3 MB/s which continuously decreases until it reaches 0 and stops finally.

I tried it on 2 different BD drives - Asus BC-12D2HT and LG BH16NS40 (both FW 3.0) - and after restarting the system.

After about 700 BDs and UHD BDs it's the first and only disc with such issues.

Any idea what's wrong here?

Thank you.
    Attached Files

When the speed gradually slows it is usually a read or decoder problem and there are some errors in your log( but not disc read errors). The developers will need to check it for you.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Will this be done based on this thread or do I need to do sth in addition?

Comment

Generally the Service Team will see it when the office opens. You can also send a link to this thread to service@dvdfab.cn to be sure. Mention that you posted the log already.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It sounds like its time to replace your drive. Thats what they do when the laser gives out. I have no issues with my copy. I do not use the mkv passthrough for anyreason. Use the mkv h265 2 pass conversion set slider to .30 copy audio and you will be good. Much smaller file size same qulity.

Comment

AS mentioned I tried on 2 drives, 1 is quite new and I don't have isues with other discs.

Comment

John Wick Kapitel 3, A416BF56A5649B4A2B87B8DCC4D04E2A MKV.Passthrough codec(truehd) channels(8)
              Please choose another audio track to rip again and see the result.

Comment

Thank you, Mona. That worked.

Is this an issue with the disc or DVDFab; in other words: is there hope that it can be fixed with a future update?

Comment

I have had the same issues in the past. I have had to return the disc and get a new one to which rips with no issue. I have 4 drive to confirm if its the disc or drive as well as another backup app to confirm if its the app or drive.

I have also had great results with using toothpaste to clean the disc surface.

Comment

Working...
                  X