Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD to Blu-rate Bitrate Question?

I have found mixed information regarding this on internet;

Using UHD to Blu-ray to standard BD50 disc. I understand a simple compress to get from the size of the UHD disc to a BD50 size but when it comes to the actual bitrate it is much higher for UHD titles and as we all know there is a bitrate 'cap' to non-UHD discs (well I suppose there is one for UHD as well but it is much higher)

So does this higher bitrate then compromise the playback of the standard BD50 disc on a stand-alone BR player (non UHD)?

The information I have found is mixed;

1. Some sources state the additional bitrate cap is from the HVEC encoding and basically you can place that on a standard non-UHD BDR disc with no issue.

2. While other information I found says the bitrate from the UHD title will exceed the cap placed on it by the player expecting a standard BDR disc and thus issues when placing that UHD title on a regular BDR disc.

If the answer is 1 well then it doesn't really matter but if it is 2 does the DVDFab program not only compress but also then place a cap limit on the bitrate?

The UHD to BD tool will reduce the frame size to 1920x1080, reduce the video dynamic range from HDR to SDR which makes the files smaller among other things. The tool will not allow you to produce a BD version of the movie that will not play in a standard BD player. Most should fit on a BD-r 50. You will save some space for better quality video if you strip out the HD audio that typically is found on a UHD disc.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X