Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Assassin - Strange noise from drive? ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper American Assassin - Strange noise from drive? ??

Has anyone ripped or copied American Assassin at all and heard a strange scraping noise from the disc drive? It seems like it may be off balanced or something or is this some weird type of tech the studios are trying now. I’m ripping it now and it hasn’t given me any errors YET so I really hope this doesn’t screw up my drive. This makes the third replacement from Amazon, the first two did the same thing so I’m a little worried. Anyways let me know if any of you have experienced this type of behavior or not.

could be a defective batch.
    do you get the same sound if you play in a stand alone player ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      could be a defective batch.
      do you get the same sound if you play in a stand alone player ??
      I don’t know I haven’t tried it yet, almost afraid to. I’ll just have to try Best Buy and see if I get the same.

Comment

Play the original disc on a standalone UHD player, you can still exchange it. If it plays smoothly in a standalone it is either your pc drive or DVDFab needs an update to decrypt it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Play the original disc on a standalone UHD player, you can still exchange it. If it plays smoothly in a standalone it is either your pc drive or DVDFab needs an update to decrypt it.
          Plays fine in my standalone player, just on the PC drive it has issues. It's not the drive because other disc don't do that. This one though because it's doing that it takes freakin forever for either Passkey or DVDFab to read it. When Passkey finally did I started ripping the disc to my drive and got about 70% in and it gave me a read error. I've already put in a return order to Amazon for the movie so I can get my money back and then I'll order it from Best Buy instead. I also have another PC optical drive coming in tomorrow.

Comment

OK so it was the PCs drive that was bad because the new drive came in today and I popped the disc in and it came up under Windows Explorer and started up Passkey and it immediately started reading it with no issues. Last drive was bad, so glad I exchanged it even being so far after my initial purchase Amazon offered to exchange it for a new drive so long as I return this one within 30 days. Glad that’s sorted.

Comment

Working...
            X