lg wh16ns60 drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optical Drives lg wh16ns60 drive

will this drive read 4k uhd disk natively if i want to play on powerdvd my specs:
    I9 10900K
    32GB RAM 4133MHZ
    MSI Z490 TOMAHAWK

What is the ROM version in the drive?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I just picked up a new LG WH16NS60 from Amazon. The first one that arrived was defective and had to go back. But the replacement drive seems to be working fine. It came with firmware 1.03 in it. There seems to be a number of requirements to play 4kUHD discs on a computer in addition to the drive being capable. My drive came with the Cyberlink Media Suite disc including something called "UltraHD BluRay Advisor". It lets you choose a type of media and the program will run through a series of checks to see if your computer can handle it. As far as I know, the firmware level determines whether ti can rip 4KUHD discs (and older is better in this regard), but they should play a 4K disc I believe. My new drive would not rip uhd discs. The Drive tool replaced 1.03 with 1.00 and now the drive rips just fine. Now I just have to make sure that firmware never gets updated sometime along the way . . .
      Last edited by Rich86; 06-17-2022, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Hello, I am downgrading the firmware 1.03 of my new LG WH16NS60 purchased from Amazon, and it comes with firmware 1.03, the issue is that it takes more than 50 minutes with the progress bar in the middle, it is normal or it may be stuck. Attached log. Thank you
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ACLA2016 View Post
          Hello, I am downgrading the firmware 1.03 of my new LG WH16NS60 purchased from Amazon, and it comes with firmware 1.03, the issue is that it takes more than 50 minutes with the progress bar in the middle, it is normal or it may be stuck. Attached log. Thank you

Two hours later, it's still in the same place. I'm afraid to turn it off and I know the recorder is wrong. What I do? Thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

I recently purchased the same model from Amazon. The 1st one they sent was defective and I exchanged it. The replacement worked fine and the software to pull it back to firmware 1.00 worked fine and it did not take very long to operate. I expect 2 hours running indicates something is terribly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
              I recently purchased the same model from Amazon. The 1st one they sent was defective and I exchanged it. The replacement worked fine and the software to pull it back to firmware 1.00 worked fine and it did not take very long to operate. I expect 2 hours running indicates something is terribly wrong.

Finally I had to cancel the process, since it was not advancing and it had hung, on the second attempt everything went correctly and the firmware was downgraded to version 1.0. Thank you

Comment

Excellent. My drive with the lower numbered firmware has worked just fine so far, so hopefully yours will also.

Comment

Working...
                X