Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New! DVDFab 10 for Linux is released out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.2 64bit.
    I downloaded DVDFab10040.run, moved it to my Home directory and ran the following via Terminal:

chmod +x DVDFab10040.run
    ./DVDFab10040.run

I was able to install DVDFab via the prompts. The 1st time I launched it I could see the 'connecting to server' message, although it just hung there. Subsequent launches have the connecting message omitted and the splash screen stays visible forever.

Looking at Settings-Software & Updates-Additional Drivers, I'm Using NVIDIA legacy binary driver-version 304.135 from nvidia-304 (proprietary, tested)
    I bought a separate full license as soon as I discovered DVDFab was finally on Linux. Any way I can successfully use this with my setup?
    Thank you for this, btw!

Comment

Hi VandylEyez, please check to see if DVDFab generated an install log and/or a dvdfab_internal.log file. If so, please attach them to a post. There may also be a fabcheck_internal.log and a thing inexplicably called "server_log.log.log" that would be helpful for troubleshooting. Sorry you are having a problem with it.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks signals, here are the files I've found and the paths where they were located (if it helps other Ubuntu/Linux noobs):

/home/YOURUSERNAME/Documents/DVDFab10/Log/dvdfab_internal.log
        0m 00.57s:

[logs attached]

I searched my system for server_log.log and many variants of, along with fabcheck_internal.log but came up empty on both. Please let me know if there is more to look for and possibly their locations.
        Thanks!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by VandylEyez; 08-19-2017, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I am on Win platform and am not sure where they might be for linux. The developers check here often for problems or another Linux user may be able to suggest something. I will send the devs a link to your post.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks, I tried switching video drivers back to the non proprietary version per info earlier in this thread but the screen becomes garbled. I'll keep an eye out here. Hoping a solution is found as DVDFab is the only remaining program keeping me from leaving Windows altogether

Comment

So what's happening on the Linux release? I was happy when announced, tried it and paid for the additional platform, but nothing has happened since? Is it dead in the water? Are the devs ever coming out with a 2nd release??? Please?

Comment

I am also concerned, paid for the linux version... noticed new versions get released for mac and windows and nothing is happening with the linux version

Comment

Working...
                X