Broken with iTunes update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken with iTunes update

Now that 12.7.3 is out, DRM removal is broken.... how long does it usually take to update DVDFab? (on 10.0.7.7)

It can vary depending on the developer workload and available time. What is the symptom? to speed thing sup, attach a DVDFab internal log session from when you tried to use DRM removal after the Apple update, instructions are linked in my sig, below. I have quit letting all my Apple products update automatically, just as a precaution.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have fab version 10079 and I tunes 1273 and have had no problems with either.

Comment

I just purchased the OS X Version. It explicitly rejects processing on 12.7.3.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	348500

Comment

So, go to old version of Itunes and reinstall 12.7.2.58, when it is working, you can reinstall the new version of Itunes. Just call me the problem solver.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by elfpltfn View Post
            I just purchased the OS X Version. It explicitly rejects processing on 12.7.3.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	348500
            We will support higher macOS version in the future, it will take a while. Thank you for your patience in advance.

Regards,
            mona

Comment

No- you misunderstood-
              I know it won't run on OS 10.13 (high sierra- the latest OS version)
              The above screenshot is taken from a machine running 10.12 (Sierra- the supported version of OS X)

The problem is that iTunes was updated from 12.7.2.58 to 12.7.3.46. Apparently the OS X version (but not the windows one) checks the iTunes version and refuses to run if it is not 12.7.2.58 or 12.7.1.14.

So again if the OS X version will break every time iTunes updates, what is the usual turnaround time for a new version (as of today the lastest mac version is 10.0.7.7 whole windows is 10.0.7.9 per dreamin47

Comment

No- you misunderstood-
                I know it won't run on OS 10.13 (high sierra- the latest OS version)
                The above screenshot is taken from a machine running 10.12 (Sierra- the supported version of OS X)

The problem is that iTunes was updated from 12.7.2.58 to 12.7.3.46. Apparently the OS X version (but not the windows one) checks the iTunes version and refuses to run if it is not 12.7.2.58 or 12.7.1.14.

So again if the OS X version will break every time iTunes updates, what is the usual turnaround time for a new version (as of today the lastest mac version is 10.0.7.7 whole windows is 10.0.7.9 per dreamin47
                Oops, sorry.

Please use old version of iTunes for now. We will need some time to support new version of iTunes.

Regards,
                mona

Comment

So anyone got a download location for 12.7.2.58? Just downgraded only to discover Apple has replaced all 12.7.2 links to point to 12.7.60- which is again, not supported.

Comment

So anyone got a download location for 12.7.2.58? Just downgraded only to discover Apple has replaced all 12.7.2 links to point to 12.7.60- which is again, not supported.
                    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Thanks Chameleon- but the link is for 12.6.2.20- also rejected by dvdfab.

Comment

Thanks folks- I ended up just running the movies through windows using the 1 attempt per install (pretty annoying after paying for the program).

Comment

fixed with 10.0.8.2- Thanks!
                          For anyone counting it was about 4 weeks to update.
                          lesson learned, don't update iTunes until dvd fab pushes out an update.

Comment

fixed with 10.0.8.2- Thanks!
                            For anyone counting it was about 4 weeks to update.
                            lesson learned, don't update iTunes until dvd fab pushes out an update.
                            I'm glad it works for you (Apple users), but Windows version is still broken. I think we are on the 4 months now... and counting!

Comment

I think everyone should assume the Apple will aggressively respond to DRM removal (as it appears they have so far) so as I suggested in post # 2 of this thread, turn off automatic updates, no matter what the changelog says.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X