Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM Removal for Movies Problems with Handbrake after DRM removal

Hello,

I've recently bought the DRM-removal tool from DVDFab and I'm having a problem. My intention was to remove the DRM and then use Handbrake to re-encode the file into a format of my choosing. However, although the files resulting from the DRM-removal operation can be read by (for example) VLC or have their tracks taken and put into a matroska file with mkvmerge, Handbrake can't read those files, telling me that they probably have a DRM protection.

How can I fix this problem? Has anyone encountered a similar problem and if yes, how did you solve it?

Thanks for your answers.

The DVDFab DRM removal output should be compatible. See if MediaInfo can scan one of these and if so, attach the text output to a post. You could also try DVDFab Video Converter free in trial mode and see if it can convert one for you.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for your help. I have attached to this post the MediaInfo export for the mp4 file created by DVDFab.
      Attached Files

Comment

I've done a little more testing and this is weird : it looks like whatever information Handbrake is reading to determine that this is a drm-protected file is attached to the AAC/Stereo track specifically. A mkvmerge re-muxed file with only the AC3/Surround track can be opened by Handbrake, whereas a mkvmerge re-muxed file with only the AAC/Stereo track cannot. I have attached the MediaInfo about those files too.
        Attached Files

Comment

What is the size of the mandalore test file you are using for these? If it is not too huge I will send you upload instructions so the developers can take a look at it. If you have the "un-drm" version, that might be useful also.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Each file (the original M4v, the mp4 created by DVDFab and the mkv made with mkvmerge) is around 900MB large.

Comment

Correction : I can send you files that are around 100MB and have the same issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Sannom View Post
                Handbrake can't read those files, telling me that they probably have a DRM protection.
                Hello,

We seem to reproduce the problem, but the error we received was not the same as yours. Could you please try again, take a screenshot of the error window and post it here? Thank you.

Regards,
                mona

Comment

Hello,

thank you for checking it out and sorry for the delayed answer. Here is a screenshot of Handbrake after trying to open the mp4 created by DVDFab ;

Click image for larger version

Name:	handbrake_aac_error.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	350502

Comment

Hello Sannom,

Thank you for the update, I will have the developers look into it.

Regards,
                    Mona

Comment

Much like Sannom I see a similar issue. I took a file with DRM removed and re-encoded it to H.265 but checked "copy audio" in Converter. Handbrake will not open the file. Therefore, it does appear that there is something being left in the audio track. Most likely some sort of audio fingerprinting.

Comment

Originally posted by bletour View Post
                        Much like Sannom I see a similar issue. I took a file with DRM removed and re-encoded it to H.265 but checked "copy audio" in Converter. Handbrake will not open the file. Therefore, it does appear that there is something being left in the audio track. Most likely some sort of audio fingerprinting.
                        Hello bletour,

Thank you for your report. We are checking this problem.

Regards,
                        Mona

Comment

Hello,

any update on this problem? It's not a huge issue (I can live with using the AC3 tracks) but it is kind of weird problem and it would be more convenient for me to have it fixed.

Comment

Any updates on this? This issue still exists...

Comment

Originally posted by Booboo View Post
                              Any updates on this? This issue still exists...
                              No update yet. Please specify the movie you have this problem with. And post the drm_internal.log file and dvdfab_internal.log file.

Comment

Working...
                              X