Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While this thread is great news, im still frightened by the fact that we havent seen an update to the DRM feature. Some other programs that USED to offer this have since stopped working completely because Apple has figured out a way to block them on OSX. Most ive seen dont work after 10.12. Being on windows I figured we would fare better, but now using a very outdated iTunes is something that is temporary. I understand that no company wants to give refunds etc, but if this is a dead product, at least let us know. There are many threads about this and in more then one it was said there would be an update at the end of april. Its may 10th and still no word on whether we are going to be ok or not with this. It seems the mods are engaged in the convo and I think everyone would love to hear from them directly about this update and whether it is coming or not.

Comment

no company has managed to crack the new encryption yet I have checked

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post
        ... and in more then one it was said there would be an update at the end of april. Its may 10th and still no word on whether we are going to be ok or not with this. It seems the mods are engaged in the convo and I think everyone would love to hear from them directly about this update and whether it is coming or not.
        I sent an email for support (wiped my phone before signing out of Video Downloader) and I did get a canned message back that due to COVID-19 support is working remotely. I wonder if that is having any impact? Then again, if as Justin says, no one has cracked the new encryption, then working remotely isn't the problem.

While it works for me for now, I've posted in other threads that I would love to see an updated version of DRM Removal that works with newer iTunes versions. I have this fear of Apple mandating people use an updated iTunes version for movie or music downloads and then we'd be out of luck.

If I hadn't purchased a long time ago, and was coming to these forums to see how it works,etc trying to decide before buying... I'd hold off for now... But when I consider for as long as I've had it, and as many times as I've used it, I have got my monies worth. But yeah, for someone considering buying now its "buyer beware"...

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
          no company has managed to crack the new encryption yet I have checked
          tune4win has in their update notes that it is working...

Personally their software is not nearly as good as dvdfab, but if they got it to work then we may be ok...not sure about link posting either so if it is a violation then im sorry...
          Last edited by slottedpig; 05-15-2020, 02:18 AM.

Comment

nope it isnt working iTunes 12.9 or lower versions installed

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
              nope it isnt working iTunes 12.9 or lower versions installed

https://www.tuneskit.com/m4v-converter/reference.html
              Yes I can confirm this, i have newest itunes installed in seperate folder and ran SCOOB! just now....no dice.
              Any ideas what to do if this never gets fixed?

Comment

After follow your step, It was failed after converitng 1 file only.

I have another tried by installing - Ukeysoft Apple Music Converter 6.7.3 - then trial use it (30 days trial and limit 3 mins. converter)

after use this convert 1 or 2 file (You may need to re-login apple music again and authorized compuster again)

then reopen DVDFab DRM removal module again.

Finally it works. (But sometimes it was failed but I redo to use Ukeysoft Apple Music Converter 6.7.3 to convert 1 or 2 files again then it back to work again)

Comment

Hi,

I've tried all the steps above, and I've had very limited success. If I queue up more than 1 video, most of them fail. Any solution to this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pythonline View Post
                    Hi,

I've tried all the steps above, and I've had very limited success. If I queue up more than 1 video, most of them fail. Any solution to this?

Thanks
                    Anything on this?

Comment

Anything on this?
                      have you tried the tip in post #1 of this thread ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

have you tried the tip in post #1 of this thread ??
                        Yes, I tried every step of that. I've also sat at my computer watching the program run and unlike KidJoe's post, I am not getting any sort of prompt.

I'd say the conversion fails about 70% of the time.

Comment

Just finished downloading two movies today The Legion and She Never Died, DRM worked fine, one thing I did noticed and changed on my end was, My internet security is by Norton NO problem with them but another program by Advance system care that has their own little ways to provide security once I found them and turned them off no more freeze ups so far. If you have a internet security program turn off windows security and any other that might be trying to help protect.

Comment

This is excellent advice. The absolute worst thing you can have on a pc is a security/anti-anything program that does not notify you when it blocks something. Get Malwarebytes, set it for persistent notifications and turn off everything else, especially Windows Defender.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I only have Malwarebytes active, I found a feature in the settings menu called "Allow List". I added DVDFab Downloader to it (C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Downloader\DVDFab Downloader.exe) and the first movie I tried worked the first time. I unfortunately don't have any other movies to try at this time, but I'm hoping that fixed the problem.

Comment

I only have Malwarebytes active, I found a feature in the settings menu called "Allow List". I added DVDFab Downloader to it (C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab Downloader\DVDFab Downloader.exe) and the first movie I tried worked the first time. I unfortunately don't have any other movies to try at this time, but I'm hoping that fixed the problem.
                                Ok, so this didn't actually fix the problem. I bought another movie and tried to DRM remove it, but it failed 3 times before finally converting.

Comment

Working...
                                X