This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by signals View Post
    This is excellent advice. The absolute worst thing you can have on a pc is a security/anti-anything program that does not notify you when it blocks something. Get Malwarebytes, set it for persistent notifications and turn off everything else, especially Windows Defender.
    Can we please get an update from the company if this product will be updated soon?

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post

Can we please get an update from the company if this product will be updated soon?
      Our developer is working on it and has made some progress, but there are still some issues we need to fix, please kindly wait a bit longer, thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Our developer is working on it, and we have made some progress, but there are still some issues we need to fix, please kindly wait a bit longer, thank you in advance.
        Thank you! This is the update I think many of us were hoping for.

Comment

Just a follow up... all through this thread I was talking about removing DRM from videos... My Desktop PC fails while my Surface Pro 3 continues to work....

Today I tried removing DRM from an album purchase using my Desktop. It worked flawlessly. I do see the "box" popup, like iTunes was being launched in the background, just as the percent meter starts moving. I do not see that "box" in the background for movies.

Why would this what seems to be "iTunes in the background" only happen for Music, but not Movies?

PS: no I have not got around to formatting and re-installing Windows like I had hoped.

PPS: when watching Task Manager and trying to remove DRM from videos, I *DO* see an iTunes and Mobile Device Helper (32bit), show under DRMRemover! So something is happening.
          Last edited by KidJoe; 06-06-2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Before I found this thread I had emailed DVDFab to advise I was having exactly the same issues as users here. I was sent a reply outlining steps to take for a fix, which involved other things mentioned here. I followed them to the letter, but was still having the same issue. That's how I ended up here - I confess I was annoyed at paying NZ100 for a product that didn't work without taking many steps that are not mentioned on the product website (which still didn't work).
            But reading through this thread, I saw KidJoe mention a SurfacePro. I am lucky enough to have a 'main' laptop and a SurfacePro4 which has very little installed on it (no iTunes or DVD Fab). So I did a clean install of both products (recommended iTunes version) and copied my (purchased) TV Series files into the iTunes media folder. I am happy to say the conversion worked first time.

I am puzzled though - the TV series and a movie I converted are no longer available for download in the Store, nor are they in my iTunes library. They are still .m4v files in my iTunes media folder, but do not appear in the iTunes library anymore. They have gone from my Apple TV library, and the store shows I haven't purchased them (as in I can't download without paying for them again). Yet when I look in my account purchase history the purchase is there.
            Does anyone have any insight into what happens when the files are converted, and why they aren't available for download any more? Or could this be unrelated to the conversion? FYI I do have more than one Apple ID.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaynz View Post
              ....I am puzzled though - the TV series and a movie I converted are no longer available for download in the Store, nor are they in my iTunes library. They are still .m4v files in my iTunes media folder, but do not appear in the iTunes library anymore. They have gone from my Apple TV library, and the store shows I haven't purchased them (as in I can't download without paying for them again). Yet when I look in my account purchase history the purchase is there.
              Does anyone have any insight into what happens when the files are converted, and why they aren't available for download any more? Or could this be unrelated to the conversion? FYI I do have more than one Apple ID.
              This isn't related to the conversion/DRM removal. At least if it is, I've never experienced it.

After removing DRM, all my "purchased" movies are still listed in iTunes and available for me to download. And I use purchased in quotes because what I consider purchases are movies where I redeemed the Digital Code that came in a Bluray Disc i bought, OR I actually purchased the movies directly via iTunes or other digital store that is linked via MoviesAnywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                This isn't related to the conversion/DRM removal. At least if it is, I've never experienced it.

After removing DRM, all my "purchased" movies are still listed in iTunes and available for me to download. And I use purchased in quotes because what I consider purchases are movies where I redeemed the Digital Code that came in a Bluray Disc i bought, OR I actually purchased the movies directly via iTunes or other digital store that is linked via MoviesAnywhere.
                Thank you - it may be related to different iTunes IDs in that case :-)

Comment

So I'm still troubleshooting DRM Removal for Videos on my Primary PC.. (i decided to hold off formatting and re-loading Windows on this PC until after I upgrade its CPU/Motherboard, if/when the i9-10900K becomes available).

Just to recap...

My Primary PC (call it PC #1, its an i7-8700K w/GTX1660ti graphics), uses Norton Security Suite for AV/Firewall - is having issues.
                  My Surface Pro 3 (Core m3) using Norton Security Suite for AV and Firewall. is not.
                  My Secondary PC (call it PC #2, is an i7-6700K using onboard Intel U630 graphics) which is used as my MediaServer does not have iTunes or DVDFab installed.is using Windows Defender for AV and Firewall.

Just because the i7-6700k is faster than the M3 of the SurfacePro3, I installed DVDFab and iTunes on PC#2. Upon first launch of DRM Remover, Windows Firewall gave a prompt asking me to allow or not with check boxes for Public and Private networks. I allowed on both. And was able to remove DRM from movies.

That made me consider checking firewall settings between my Surface Pro3 and PC#1. Under Settings -> Program Control, the SurfacePro3 listed DRM Removal, DVDFab and DVDFab Updater. #1 PC only had DVDFab listed.

So, on PC#1 made sure that the following were listed and set to ALLOW..
                  C:\Program Files\DVDFab 11\DRMRemoval.exe
                  C:\Program Files\DVDFab 11\DVDFab64.exe
                  C:\Program Files\DVDFab 11\FabUpdate.exe

PC#1 is now working (again).

What is odd is that when I disabled Norton on PC#1 (for 4hours) and tested, it still failed. So I don't really know *IF* making sure to allow these apps fixed it, or if its just a coincidence.

Comment

I gave up. The conversion worked sometimes and not others. Took from 1 to 10 tries to get a single file to convert. I tried all kinds of ways of starting and stopping iTunes, having it force stopped or doing it myself, starting it twice, starting it during conversion, many things looked like they were working but in the end were just fooling me. Tried using an old version of iTunes and thought I had it fixed but in the end it was no better. I gave up and purchased a competing product. Works perfectly every time. I am a big supporter of DVDFAB's products, but this one has disappointed me. The competing product just installed and worked, no fuss.

Comment

I have been searching on the intenet for a new program that works with the new version of itunes and none do unfortuatly i have managed to get it fully working again buts its to hard to explain how i ddi it

Comment

I'm seeing the intermittent failures again. Queue up 10 movies and some will pass, and some will fail. Finish/Restart and some of those that failed will work, others will still fail. No rhyme nor reason to it.

Comment

Just following up... (gotta love the Vudu sales)... I queued up 2 movies the other night. They completed successfully. Saturday I queued up 8 movies. They were all successful. Today 5 queued, the 3rd one in the queue failed, the others were successful. Restarted the one that failed and it was successful.

At this point, I don't know why its INCONSISTENT now, even with iTunes v12.9.0.167... and wasn't before. I can just say its very frustrating to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                            Like others, I began having issues with DRM Removal. When trying to remove DRM from movies, it would look like its working, get to a percentage, then I'd get a crash from iTunes and while the DRM removal process didn't successfully complete, DVDFab reported Success and went on to the next movie... and the cycle repeated for all movies in the queue.

(see -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...vdfab-11-0-6-6 )

Frustrated, I tried removing and re-installing iTunes, downgrading it, etc. Nothing seemed to work.

After more experimenting, It is finally working again... at least so far anyway...

Here is what I did...
                            • Delete any downloaded media (movies and music) in iTunes
                            • In iTunes, Deauthorize the computer, then exit iTunes.
                            • Uninstall iTunes following -> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204275
                            • Search for, and remove any left over iTunes folders, including the iTunes data folders including from C:\Users\[USERID]\AppData\Local, C:\Users\[USERID]\AppData\Roaming, My Documents, My Music, etc.
                            • Uninstall DVDFab
                            • Reboot
                            • Download the iTunes installer using the link contained in -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...972#post375972 <-- (linked post has broken link, get iTunes v12.9.0.167 from Apple -> https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/it...nes64Setup.exe )
                            • Install iTunes and make sure you UN-Select the box to auto update iTunes!!
                            • Launch iTunes and sign in
                            • While in iTunes, Authorize the computer, and edit preferences, and check the box for iTunes to share library as XML
                            • Download the latest DVDFab installer from the web site
                            • Install DVDFab
                            • Reboot
                            • Ensure the following are marked ALLOW in your computer's firewall...
                            • Launch and Authenticate DVDFab
                            • Install the DRM removal module
                            After doing that, I downloaded 1 movie in iTunes to test. The process completed and the movie was playable without DRM! So I downloaded a few more movies, and its been working!!

As of right now, I've got through 5 movies. Before doing the steps above I couldn't even complete 1 properly!
                            Since I can't edit the OP.... I'm quoting it with a few updates...

The link to get iTunes v12.9.0.167 in the Post I cite no longer works. You can download it directly from Apple via -> https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/it...nes64Setup.exe

Ensure the following are marked ALLOW in your computer's firewall...

BUT even doing all of this, I am experiencing intermittent failures on *BOTH* my Surface Pro 4 (I mistakenly typed SP3 in previous posts but it is a 4) which was 100% reliable and has NOT be touched (other than Microsoft Updates and Virus app updates), along with my Desktop PC (which has received a hardware upgrade, and also has since had Widnows/Itunes/etc re-loaded from scratch). Sometimes I can queue up 10 movies and they all work, other times I can queue up 10 and they all fail, sometimes 1 out of 5 will fail, etc.

This inconsistency is frustrating to put it mildly!

Comment

Here, deleted the data folders, downloaded iTunes 12.9.0.167, added fresh downloads, but DRMRemoval.exe does not respond as I click start.

Comment

how can it be that we still are talking about running the drm remover with itunes version 12.9.x...??? the solution for using actuall itunes versions was promissed 1.5 years ago!!! in this this threat by the way!
                                how about someone from dvdfab telling us what is going on here?
                                by the way, did buy a film on itunes version 12.9.0 but cannot whatch it as it is saying now I would need itunes version 12.10.8!!! so in other words... seems the drm remover now won't even work anylonger with the 12.9.0 version too!

Comment

Working...
                                X