This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Post questions in this thread

If you have a general question about this new feature, please post it in this thread.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

I can't post to the thread which starterd from my post http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=28284.
    I should post to another thread?

Regards.

Comment

I can't reply to the thread which started from my post http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.ph...477#post181477.
      So please reply in here.

signals Administrator - 守夜人
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Hi jinjin
      For (5), Demo Clip is not designed for this purpose. There should be pre-listed descriptions for things like FBI Warning when "Official Nag Clip" is selected as the title Type. Also, when "Movie Disc" is selected, the Meta Info expects certain types of content and presents them on the edit screen based on the disc type selection you made (this is apparently not a disc of a theater-type movie).
      Sorry I do so intentioanally.
      Because "Movie Disc" has many Type/Edition which is possible to write details in Description/Name.
      When selecting below 6, it is possible. So I selected from below 6 intentioonally.
      (1)Main Feature/Theatrical
      (2)Main Feature/Extended Edition
      (3)Main Feature/Director's cut
      (-)Main Feature/Unrated Edition
      (4)Trailer
      (5)Demo clip

So I hope to be able to write details always.

Regards.

Comment

I can't reply to the thread which started from my post http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.ph...477#post181477.
        So please reply in here.

Wilson.Wang DVDFab Staff
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Hi,
        Would you please check between title 36 and title 62?
        They should be same.
        Wilson
        Yes, title 36 and title 62 are same. (replay same mts files.)

Is it right that "interface for upload" shows only 1 title when 2 titles are same ?

But it is felt strange that shown title 36 is extras contents, and not-shown title 62 is main content which is one of music clips.
        And title 35 and title 57 are same, but both titles are shown in "interface for upload".

Regards.

Comment

identify all titles?

So I have to identify all the clips on a disc, instead of just the episodes?
          Seems silly. Someone who just wants the episodes might like that "partial" upload.
          I'll stop copying movies when I can watch the movies I own without FBI warnings, forced trailers, commentary notices, etc. etc.

Comment

I think the idea was that most users would want to know what all the other titles were so that they could make informed choices about what to copy and what to forget. If you don't want any extras or other material, Main Movie will do that already (although if there are different versions of the Main Movie on the disc, Meta Info will tell you what they are).
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

But if you just want one or two episodes from a season/series set, do you really care about the 'previews' and other things? I'd like to know which title is which episode. I see your point also.
              I'll stop copying movies when I can watch the movies I own without FBI warnings, forced trailers, commentary notices, etc. etc.

Comment

Failed to upload and can't because not-modifyed when retry

I newly tryed to upload now.
                But Fab says "failed to upload".
                I re-tryed several times, but the results were same.
                So I re-start Fab and tryed to upload again.
                But Fab says "can't upload if nothing is modifyed". It is strange.

Is it mean that already succeeded to upload ? or Fab mis-recognize?
                What should I do ?

Regards.

Comment

Yes, this means that the upload is done, but you can re-upload if you edit the data to be more correct or complete (not otherwise).

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    Yes, this means that the upload is done, but you can re-upload if you edit the data to be more correct or complete (not otherwise).
                    Thanks for the reply.
                    I've undestood. I'll not do anything, because there is no need to edit.

By the way, 1 title is also disappeared in "interface for upload" like prviously upload BD.
                    classification of all 120 titles is below.
                    (a) 9 titles : main contents (music clips), continuously replayed by "PLAY ALL"
                    (b) 23 titles : main contents (music clips), indivisually replayed by "TRACK SELECTION"
                    ==>1 title is disappeared in "interface for upload", it is same as one of (c)
                    (c) 3 titles : extras contents, involved 1 title whch is same as one of (b)
                    (d) 58 titles : menu
                    ==>1 title is disappeared in "interface for upload", it is necessary for full disc
                    (e) 1 title : FBI warning, and etc
                    (f) 26 titles : seems to be not replayed by confirming with DVDFab Media Player.
                    ==>14 titles doesn't exist in "initial interface" and 2 titles disappeared in "interface for upload
                    ==>it's interesting 2 titles are same as extras menu of different BD which I upload previously.
                    sum of (a) to (f) : 120 titles

Regards.

Comment

I have seen a few odd things such as you mention also. One movie disc had a title that would disappear from the edit screen depending on what was selected as an "Extra" feature. I think it is probably impossible as a practical matter for Meta Info to be able to follow the authoring logic of 100% of discs, which as we all know, can be odd in some cases.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                        Yes, this means that the upload is done,
                        I've uploaded 2 discs.
                        Does attached figure mean that 1 disc failed to upload ?

Regards.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Where can we post errors/problems we find regarding upload data.

Hello,

I have found an issue with the upload of metadata.
                          But I'm not sure where to post this. Do we post all errors under the thread from jinjin_jp (http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=28284). Or do we place it somewhere else.

In short the problem i have is the following.
                          A disc has a special byte code at the end of the volume title.( not visible in dvd fab or normal notepad) but when looked through notepad++ you see the extra character its adding

Comment

Small question where can we post issue we have with the upload system.

As my title indicates what thread can we use for this. (as i can post replies but not

And i don't want to hijack sombody elses thread by mistake. (http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=28284)

Comment

For now, just post them in this thread. It is not the best solution, and we will improve it.

Comment

Working...
                              X