Trouble uploading ST Deep Space Nine metadata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble uploading ST Deep Space Nine metadata

When I try to enter the metadata of the disc 5 of the Star Trek Deep Space Nine season 2 DVD boxset.
    The system says the upload was successful.
    But when I reopen the DVD, the metadata is gone.
    I can reenter it again and again it says that it was successful.

I can keep doing this forever.

Hello,

Is spaceharfang the user name used for the meta uploading?
    Please confirm whether you have this problem with other movie sources or not.
    Also, zip the folder "DVDFabCommon" and upload it here. You can find it under: C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\DVDFabCommon

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

My contributor username is "cyberharfang". My license is under an email that is not accepted on the forum.

I just tried to upload of an Andromeda season 1 dvd and it did the same thing after a DVDFab restart.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the info. I have passed the info to the developers for checking.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Hello,

Please upgrade to DVDFab 10.0.8.5 Beta version to try again, we've fixed the metadata problem in this new version. Please have a try.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

Just tried the x64 beta and uploaded the whole set.
            Everything worked perfectly.

Comment

This is the closest thread I could find for problems uploading metadata. Although the metadata uploads, there are glitches and aggravations in the process.

1, When submitting metadata information for upload; when finished, the information window does not automatically close and start the RIP process when the “Close” button is clicked, making it necessary to X out of the window to start the batch process.
              2. After submitting metadata information for the entire disk, a redundant pop-up appears for every file being ripped.
              3. The timer on the redundant pop-up sometimes stops, leaving the pop-up window hanging open and halting the batch process making it mandatory to monitor the entire batch process and close each window.
              4. It is not part on any problem, but I could upload more detailed information, like Producer, Director and synopsis obtained from the web, but there are no fields to provide that information. It is a suggestion that you provide fields for this information for those that would like to (Optionally) provide more detailed information. A field for optional remarks from the person uploading the information would be nice also. In my case, the release dates for the episode did not match the episode order on the disks. Also, a setting had to be changed to view and select all of the episodes on the discs. I’m sure notes on observances, problems and work arounds would be appreciated.
              Please: Once information is entered for the entire disc, no other pop-ups asking for information are needed. If you could pass this on to the development team I would appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                This is the closest thread I could find for problems uploading metadata. Although the metadata uploads, there are glitches and aggravations in the process.

1, When submitting metadata information for upload; when finished, the information window does not automatically close and start the RIP process when the “Close” button is clicked, making it necessary to X out of the window to start the batch process.
                2. After submitting metadata information for the entire disk, a redundant pop-up appears for every file being ripped.
                3. The timer on the redundant pop-up sometimes stops, leaving the pop-up window hanging open and halting the batch process making it mandatory to monitor the entire batch process and close each window.
                4. It is not part on any problem, but I could upload more detailed information, like Producer, Director and synopsis obtained from the web, but there are no fields to provide that information. It is a suggestion that you provide fields for this information for those that would like to (Optionally) provide more detailed information. A field for optional remarks from the person uploading the information would be nice also. In my case, the release dates for the episode did not match the episode order on the disks. Also, a setting had to be changed to view and select all of the episodes on the discs. I’m sure notes on observances, problems and work arounds would be appreciated.
                Please: Once information is entered for the entire disc, no other pop-ups asking for information are needed. If you could pass this on to the development team I would appreciate it.
                Thank you for your feedback. I've passed it to our product manager.

Comment

Please start a new thread next time. I have had some trouble with meta uploads also recently.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                  X