Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't title auto-populate on the main screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why doesn't title auto-populate on the main screen?

I feel like I have a setting turned off or something - or maybe I'm missing something obvious.

I understand that META INFO is used as a means of Plex and other tools to understand the name/title of the content.

However, I would expect that if I put a disc in and the disc has a meta info entry in the database that the TITLE on the main ripping screen would automatically populate instead of continuing to default to the CONVERSION->OUTPUT pattern setting.

No?

Despite the fact that Predator 2 has meta info in the database ... when I add the items to rip, I get the same generic Volume/Title Predator2.theatrical, etc.

These titles, BTW, end up as the meta data in Plex - so I essentially have to turn off Plex's local meta data scrapping because I'm not going to hand enter the titles for 30 items I'm ripping; which doesn't seem out of line if the meta info is sitting there available.

It doesn't make sense that meta info's selling point is to share this data, but then require the end user manually cut and paste, enter it themselves. So I have to assume I'm not using the feature correctly

Thanks for any enlightenment.

The Meta Info feature in DVDFab is designed to provide information about the main title and other features (bonus, extras etc.) available on a disc. The names in Ripper are based on the Volume name of the original disc.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      The Meta Info feature in DVDFab is designed to provide information about the main title and other features (bonus, extras etc.) available on a disc. The names in Ripper are based on the Volume name of the original disc.
      So with that information available - what are you expecting the end user to do with it?

If the data is there and available, why would the end user need to reproduce that data while trying to properly title the rips?

If I understand you right, meta info is there merely to help you decide WHAT you want to rip - but then not help you label it properly?

I'm sure I've seen posts regarding the intent of meta info to ensure your media delivery system has appropriate meta tags so it doesn't index them incorrectly.

Why can't we just extend that data to the ripper titles directly? If Meta Info knows that Title203 is PREDATOR 2, EXTRAS, TRAILERS, PREDATOR ... why couldn't we simply have an option within the conversion output of:

<volume> - <meta:category> - <meta: type> - <meta: title>

to get

Predator 2 - Extras - Trailer - Predator.mp4

This seems like an easy win/

Comment

Originally posted by darkuni View Post

So with that information available - what are you expecting the end user to do with it?

If the data is there and available, why would the end user need to reproduce that data while trying to properly title the rips?

If I understand you right, meta info is there merely to help you decide WHAT you want to rip - but then not help you label it properly?

I'm sure I've seen posts regarding the intent of meta info to ensure your media delivery system has appropriate meta tags so it doesn't index them incorrectly.

Why can't we just extend that data to the ripper titles directly? If Meta Info knows that Title203 is PREDATOR 2, EXTRAS, TRAILERS, PREDATOR ... why couldn't we simply have an option within the conversion output of:

<volume> - <meta:category> - <meta: type> - <meta: title>

to get

Predator 2 - Extras - Trailer - Predator.mp4

This seems like an easy win/
        We will consider your suggestion. Meanwhile you can contribute some meta info to help us build up the data and benefit all users too. Thanks in advance. meta collection.png

Comment

Thanks! I have been a regular contributor since I purchased the product.

Screenshot 2018-09-14 at 7.55.03 AM.png

Comment

Hi darkuni , thank you for your support!

Comment

Any word on this concept? I am trying to sell DVDFab to others - and they run into issues (as we all do) with ripping TV episode discs. There are tools that can HELP change:

SIX.FEET.UNDER.D1.TITLE02 (as ripped by DVDFab)

into

Six Feet Under - S01E01 - Pilot Episode.mp4 (which is what I think we all want in the end; or something close)

... but those other apps have about a 50% hit/miss ratio with getting them right.

I'd be more than happy to contribute more meta info related to TV discs if I felt the information was a lot more readily accessible for renaming purposes.

Makes the product harder to sell

Comment

Any word on if this feature has been implemented? I'm looking for software to rip all of my Disney Treasure discs and it would be nice if the files were the names were the same as the title name of the short instead of DONALDDUCKTITLE03.MKV. This would make scraping info with Kodi very simple.

P.S.
                Keep it retro.

Comment

Originally posted by uVSthem View Post
                  Any word on if this feature has been implemented? I'm looking for software to rip all of my Disney Treasure discs and it would be nice if the files were the names were the same as the title name of the short instead of DONALDDUCKTITLE03.MKV. This would make scraping info with Kodi very simple.

P.S.
                  Keep it retro.
                  They are making some progress here .. but not a ton.

I'm Shane R. Monroe .. and until next time ... Keep it retro ... love to hear from an old fan!

Comment

Oh, you may try this: https://www.danhinsley.com/

I've had some success with it. Pain in the ass UI .. but ...

Comment

Originally posted by darkuni View Post
                      Oh, you may try this: https://www.danhinsley.com/

I've had some success with it. Pain in the ass UI .. but ...
                      Thanks. I've been using MetaX for a while now. For some reason it likes to add a single chapter to my MKV files that are chapterless.

I've been listening to you since about 1999 btw.

Comment

Working...
                      X