4K tv not recognized when playing 4K UHD ISO's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4K tv not recognized when playing 4K UHD ISO's

When ever I try to play a 4K UHD Bluray ISO in menu mode I get a message that pops up saying a 4K tv is not connected, connect a 4K tv with HDR for optimal viewing. Now this is alright for some ISO's I play because I just hit OK and it goes into the bluray menus and HDR seems to be working. But there are some, like Mad Max Fury Road, that will not let me bypass this popup. The only way I can play the movie is with the "Main Movie" setting. I am pretty sure this popup is part of the UHD Bluray menu and not from the Movie Server.

The HDMI out from the Movie Server is going into a A/V Reciever and the TV connected is a 2017 Samsung QLED. I get the same problem when connecting directly to the TV. Anyone have a solution for this or is this just a bug waiting to get fixed?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171120_023444.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.0 KB
ID:	344729
    Attached Files

not really sure why the image came out so small, I selected full size. oh well.

​​

Comment

Use the Advanced Editor and select Insert image, as illustrated in this post: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...624#post344624 Click the Upload tab on the window that opens. The Attach FIles button (looks like a clipboard) should be used for logs and other text files. Try using a png instead of hi-res jpgs, the forum shrinks the jpg more for some reason. Your receiver may be interfering with the handshaking between the MS and the display, there are settings that can help this in the MS.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I tried messing around with the settings, different resolutions, color depth, nothing seemed to make a difference. And like i said I connected the Movie server directly to the tv and got the same result.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171120_023444.png
Views:	68
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	344745

Comment

Hi Stubbz,
          I spoke with DMS Product Manager earlier, he said they have reproduced this bug and fixed it in the next Cloud firmware but not for the local firmware yet. It is also present in DVDFab Media Player. As you noticed, in some cases just clicking OK will allow things to go on. other times not. Sorry for the inconvenience, it will be fully corrected ASAP.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thats great to hear that. I will look forward to the fix. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X