DVDFab Forum - Firmware 1012

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware 1012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • v1.0.1.2 Firmware Firmware 1012

    So I applied the new BETA firmware from today, it applied and booted just fine, but when I select movies it just spins a wait circle forever, and when I go to dms.dvdfab.cn and login it tells me to 'learn more' as if I don't own a Media Server, it does show up in my account in the members section. Do I need to do something to enable cloud connectivity or some other step not listed in the release info to get it to work?
    Thanks

  • #2
    I have not had time to try it on mine yet, but did you perform the Factory Reset as recommended?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)................................NEW Guide: Using Images in Posts

    Comment


    • #3
      The info said:
      If upgrading directly to this version from the previous Cloud version, please restore the factory settings once the upgrade is done, or you can also use our update package to clear the old data and recreate your new media library.

      I was upgrading the last LOCAL version so I did not do this, I went ahead and reset and re-activated and it now appears to be working, still not sold on cloud being the only way to manage this, especially if your url gets nuked again like the old .com version. Now I just have to wait forever while it builds my catalog again, then go fix all the edit issues, sigh, 400+ moves/tv shows luckily I renamed a lot of the files so they get picked up correctly but still going to be a bunch to manually fix for the 100th time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Other thoughts, the new matcher isn't nearly as good as the one that was local, it always finds the oldest movie of a similar name, and many its just wrong, many weren't even close or even included a part of the name. Lastly how do I tell the searcher I am looking for TV shows, when I am in the TV section it knows what friends and dragon ball z are for example, but all my misplaced content in 'family videos' when I search it only shows movies, so I can't get half my shows to the groups they belong in, and whats odd is that half a season will be in TV the other half in family videos, and they have the exact same naming, i.e,. DRAGON_BALL_Z.S09E31.mkv.
        Lastly I don't mind that the list doesn't show an image for everything it returns, but it would be nice if it showed once you clicked on it, can't always remember the year something was from, and when you get 10 of the exact same name movie with 1-2 years separating each of them who knows which one without an image or a synopsis etc.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi Raethien,When reporting scraper related issues, please tell us the file name and path, and send us the .meta file in case you have it

          Comment


          • #6
            If you specify a path to TV Shows, the contents of this path will only appear in TV Shows, but now appears in videos. This is a bug.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Raethien View Post
              The info said:
              If upgrading directly to this version from the previous Cloud version, please restore the factory settings once the upgrade is done, or you can also use our update package to clear the old data and recreate your new media library.

              I was upgrading the last LOCAL version so I did not do this, I went ahead and reset and re-activated and it now appears to be working, still not sold on cloud being the only way to manage this, especially if your url gets nuked again like the old .com version. Now I just have to wait forever while it builds my catalog again, then go fix all the edit issues, sigh, 400+ moves/tv shows luckily I renamed a lot of the files so they get picked up correctly but still going to be a bunch to manually fix for the 100th time.
              Currently, you can use filebot to help manage your collection.It's free.
              website: https://www.filebot.net/

              Download:
              https://sourceforge.net/projects/fil...FileBot_4.7.9/
              or
              https://sourceforge.net/projects/fil...4.msi/download


              and java environment:
              https://java.com/download

              FileBot is the ultimate tool for organizing and renaming your movies, tv shows or anime, and music well as downloading subtitles and artwork. It's smart and just works.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	rename.png Views:	1 Size:	93.5 KB ID:	347558

              Click image for larger version  Name:	rename.screenshot.jpg Views:	1 Size:	99.6 KB ID:	347559

              Last edited by Juice; 01-13-2018, 03:30 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Can someone explain what I am doing wrong. The firmware I had before this put most of my tv shows as tv shows. Now it has everything as Movies. My Battlestar Galactica 2003 had always shown as a tv show. Now it comes up as a bunch of separate movies. I had it into each season with episodes. Now it is just a mess. It can't even find my Band of Brothers. It had all the info right and episodes correctly together. Frustration is mounting with this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tiger21 View Post
                  Can someone explain what I am doing wrong. The firmware I had before this put most of my tv shows as tv shows. Now it has everything as Movies. My Battlestar Galactica 2003 had always shown as a tv show. Now it comes up as a bunch of separate movies. I had it into each season with episodes. Now it is just a mess. It can't even find my Band of Brothers. It had all the info right and episodes correctly together. Frustration is mounting with this.
                  please tell us the file name and path, and send us the .meta file in case you have it

                  And please find our recommended methods for naming files at: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...-files-for-dms

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm Done!! Unless this can get fixed soon I am using this thing as a Hockey Puck, or just might get more enjoyment from smashing it with a ten pound hammer. I have fought with this for 2 days. I loaded the new firmware and instantly regretted doing so. All of the work I had put into this thing was pretty much gone. It couldn't recognize my tv shows or made them show up as separate movies. I then went and used the new software you mentioned to rename pretty much everything and also changed my file setup to what you have asked us to do. Results are still the same. Nothing is working. SO I finally decided to go back to the 1001 and accidentally loaded the original or first update ever. Now it says there is an update but cant download it. I have tried to reflash other firmwares but it can't find them or there isn't one. I need to know the procedure to upgrading from the first ever update using a usb drive.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tiger21,
                      If you want to revert to the last local firmware, download it here https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl-dvdfab/d...update1011.zip

                      Then rename it to "update.zip" and put it in the root directory of a USB jump drive and plug it into the DMS usb port. Then select "USB Update" from the About page in DMS Settings. It will find and execute the file, restoring you to v1.0.1.1.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)................................NEW Guide: Using Images in Posts

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm back to the new firmware. I have to say the file bot is a nice program. It helped a lot for getting the movies to recognize correctly. All of my tv shows are showing up as single movies. I'm wondering if that is a bug or if I am putting in the wrong episode setup. Does it do this or is it me on my end. Would not be surprised if it is me. I'm gonna go over it again to see if I can figure it out. My firmware not loading must have been a corrupt download. I reloaded it and it worked this time. Thank you for the help.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tiger21 View Post
                          I'm back to the new firmware. I have to say the file bot is a nice program. It helped a lot for getting the movies to recognize correctly. All of my tv shows are showing up as single movies. I'm wondering if that is a bug or if I am putting in the wrong episode setup. Does it do this or is it me on my end. Would not be surprised if it is me. I'm gonna go over it again to see if I can figure it out. My firmware not loading must have been a corrupt download. I reloaded it and it worked this time. Thank you for the help.
                          Here are some plex file name tutorial videos that are still available for DMS.Filebot can help you generate such a file path.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsllrl4rCGs


                          Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ截图20180115105630.png
Views:	1
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	347654
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	QQ截图20180115105149.png Views:	1 Size:	134.1 KB ID:	347651

                          Last edited by Juice; 01-15-2018, 02:57 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Also would like to note that the ms is now very picky how if finds and displays tv shows. Using the structure that was given plus using the new filebot software I was able to get some of my shows to register as tv shows, but there still needs to be a way to just do this manually with a scraper I just do not understand why I can't just press and hold down my enter button while on a file on the ms itself to bring up a menu that allows for me to refresh the data or search to replace disk info. It would make things so much easier and streamlined. I just do not understand having to do my scaping on a computer. Other programs I have do this no problem and make this much easier task then it is here. Why can't this be done?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What does "scrape unrecognized video" do? Does it look to find new data for what it doesn't do or does it get rid of files that are now not used, like a missing link to a movie that was moved? I really wish I could do this. I wish there was a clean database function to get rid of those type files and doubles

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X