More Firmware 1012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Firmware 1012

So right now dms.dvdfab.cn says my box is offline, it's not, it's turned on, verified network connectivity with the youtube app, etc. I've got new iso's and mkv's in the correct folders where other existing content is, now how do I watch them, cause hitting the scan or rebuild buttons on the menus of the box yields a big fat nothing.

Is this thing a paper weight without your dms site correctly working? Yes it will play existing stuff loaded but obviously that is not what I want to watch tonight, its the new disc I bought then added to my library.

Cloud is all well and good but if it turns your product into a paper weight because a service is down or not working as expected then shame on you, cloud should enhance, not destroy your product.

I am becoming very unhappy with the direction you are moving, I think its time to revert to a nuc with your media player and a different front end if you can't get this under control.

I had really high hopes for the product, I thought it was quite possibly a perfect solution with just a few tweaks, but it is going downhill fast when I just don't want to use it due to frustration.

So please tell me the product isn't so cloud integrated I can't add an iso or mkv file without it being up, will performance for UHD discs get better, right now movies that hit high peak rates stutter then it crashes playing.

Things that have gotten better just to show I noticed:
    1) opening logo (first one was like did you record it as a 50x50 and blow it up)
    2) Audio pass thru I believe hasn't failed since latest update, but I need to do more testing
    3) NAS handling integrated into movies/tv series, one of my big 3 or so items from initial launch)

As for the stutter/crash thing an example would be Lucy, like 15-25 minutes into using either iso,or a pass through mkv file it goes haywire, many other movies run just fine. Using the Media Player 5.0.0.4 it plays just fine on my desktop, though on my laptop it stutters a bit just less, that laptop is an i7-6600u with basically no GPU to speak of so it eats a fair amount of cpu compared to desktop.

The firmware is set up so that it should run without an internet connection. The only time that is needed is to manage the existing content or add new titles. The Manager should download everything your box needs when you are finished, at which point you should be able to disconnect and have proper playback. This firmware was intended to be a great step back from web-based storage of things it would need to play your content. In fact, I was instructed not to use the word "Cloud" anymore, so it is clearly deprecated, not increased, at least that was the intent.

The move away from the previous Cloud firmware meant everything had to be redone, which has taken some time and is not completely finished. The v2.0.1.2 version was released to obtain feedback like yours, which is very much appreciated. I think it is moving in the direction you want to go, is just not quite there yet. Juice, the Product manager, may be able to explain this more clearly, I will send him a link to your thread. ALso, see the note in red near the top of this post https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...out#post347523
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So my follow-up question is, even still (multiple reboots of the MS and over several days in case it was your side of the web service) the DMS site says my box is offline yet I am on it right now looking at it on my projector, are my options setting defaults yet again and re-activating and going through all the movie matching yet again to add a movie or is there something else I can do, the box is on the internet its just not working with DMS so I can't watch any new content.
      Lastly what's the point of Scan and rebuild in the UI if they can't find new content, I would be ok that I have to go to the site to 'match' it but the content should at least appear somewhere without the cloud.
      i.e. I am asking is there a known issue with the DMS server at the moment you are working on with an ETA, or is there something I can do to my box in the meantime until a new patch is released.
      Thanks,

Comment

For those in the same situation if your DMS.dvdfab.cn isn't working, logging out in the settings and logging back in, resolved this for me, which forced re-activation etc.

Comment

"For those in the same situation if your DMS.dvdfab.cn isn't working, logging out in the settings and logging back in, resolved this for me, which forced re-activation etc."

Unfortunately, hasn't worked for me. I have reset DVD Movie Server, logged back in and checked the DMS page and still showing this msg: Get your DVDFab Movie Server

and yes, the Movie Server is on reading my files. And yes, I updated to the new Beta firmware.

I am checking with Internet Explorer because I am locked out in Chrome, I can't log out because all the icons are blacked out.

The old DVD Movie Server page that relied on our IP address is still working and I would be happy with that if the changes I make to the movie info would stay but they don't. As soon as I reboot DVD movie server or my computer any changes I make are lost.

So I am really hoping this DMS page is fixed and working so I can start saving my updates.

Comment

You can revert to the v1011 firmware, there is a link for it posted in the release notes (near the bottom), which also say:
            Now we confirmed that upgrade to the new version(1010->1012) will result in the loss of some of the movie data, and disappear completely from the database. It should a data migration failure.Please wait for a new version with bug fixed.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X