Problems with 1.0.1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with 1.0.1.2

I just upgraded to version 1.0.1.2. Prior to this I had over 100 movies sorted and tagged with the correct posters. Now, I have 0 movies with any poster information at all. Multiple reboots and scans have resulted in 1 poster being correctly attached to a file the remain 100 or so movies are still blank.

Tried to go into the media manager application to try and fix then. It is now password protected and cannot be accessed.

Also tried to access via https://dms.dvdfab.cn. I login and get a "loading" message. Message has been there for close to an hour...

So at this point, I have a non-functional system.....
    Last edited by tbrown25; 02-03-2018, 06:03 PM.

Are you rebooting it using the "shutdown" option with the IR remote? If yes, make sure it is connected to the internet and is registered correctly. Go to the About page and click on the Feedback button to send your logs to the developers.

The dms Manager server may be overloaded with all users trying to run the new firmware at the same time. I have alerted the staff

UPDATE: I think it is overloaded, please try again later.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	3X`7_JX43_$)FHSE`(NPRX7.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	348959

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes. I have rebooted from shutdown many times today. Sometimes it picks up one or two posters (out of the 100+ files). Sometimes it is less.

I removed the hard drive, put in a blank, formatted new drive. The system recognizes the drive. I transferred 1 movie to this new drive and shutdown and rebooted. Now it says I have no files on the drive at all... I can see the file is there using local drive access.

I have spent several hours so far today just trying to get a system that was usable with no success. Can you please post the previous firmware version along with the instruction for backing out this last update?

This is what I get when I go to dms.dvdfab.cn..... Has been that way for several hours....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	354
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	348966

Comment

tbrown25 check out this post; on the bottom Juice gives you the link to download and go back to 1.0.1.0 firmware, I tried it and the download link for it is good. Might also want to try downloading 1.0.1.2 again also as noted. Something went wrong. Good luck!
        I had entries in both the Movies and TV Shows...the files are still there...but nothing shows up on either the web browser or the Movie Server itself. Some of

Comment

Downtoearth..

Thanks for the response. I have downloaded the files, but have no clue how to get the old firmware to load. Do you have any instruction for that?

Comment

Well, I have finally gotten past the "loading" message on dms.dvdfab.cn. Now it says wrong user name or password. I am using the info for my member center account...

I notice in member center, the media server does not appear under my products list. When I go to DVDFAB Movie Server, it list an order number, but MAC address says "no used" and activated and warranty expired are both blank. Could this be part of the problem?
            Last edited by tbrown25; 02-03-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I'm having a similar issue as tbrown25. I was able to activate after a few hours. After re-scanning my internal disk about 70% are listed as videos and have no poster info, so I figure the meta data is gone. When I try to use the web browser to activate it goes to an account login screen asking for a debugger password. I have tried shutting down, using the remote, and nothing changes.
              I'm willing to fix the meta data but not having web access will make it impossible

Comment

https://dms.dvdfab.cn cannot login now, we are checking it, thanks.

All other DVDFab services are working perfectly, no worry.
                DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I am able to login but it says I don't own a DVDFab Movie Server. But I do. This update is causing a lot of problems.

Comment

https://dms.dvdfab.cn is back, please try again, thanks for your patience.
                    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I can login but it says I don't own the device.

It says: Get your DVDFab Movie Server

The DVDFab Movie Server is the ultimate 4K multimedia
                      solution for managing and playback of your movie files.

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                        https://dms.dvdfab.cn is back, please try again, thanks for your patience.
                        I'm trying the product you list here. It opens up and seems to connect. All I get is a spinning circle when I click on movies. It's been running for 30 minutes with no change

Update: I click between Movies/TV shows and Video and I eventually get a list of movies. It's not a complete list by any measure. Maybe half. Now most of the movies are in an Asian language. Whenever I try to fix one all of my choices are also in Chinese(I think) Not sure what to do next.
                        Please give me a direction to go with this. Thanks
                        Last edited by Hunter1955; 02-04-2018, 02:53 AM.

Comment

I have just upgraded to 1.0.1.2. Indeed this is a problematic upgrade. First DVDFab changed the way we access the server from Desktop. Now, the logon to dms.dvdfab.cn problem. It takes ages for it to load. Now, I've tried to add network folder to my library. Unlike the previous method where I can specify an shared folder, now under the new design, there is no shared folder that I can specify and the round arrow just keep spinning without connecting to my NAS. DVDFab support, please shed some light on what is happening and help me resolve the add network folder connection problem. I am using Windows SMB to connect to my NAS.

Comment

my server fails to connect the server to the internet, it says to check the network connection and try again, trying again does not work. I am using an Ethernet connection. I tried disconnecting Ethernet and used wireless without success and got the same network message
                            the server fails to activate. I would like to revert to a previous firmware as I have read that samba does not work wit 1012. I have just this morning got samba working on my network. I have downloaded the 1010 file but do not know how to install it
                            Last edited by pacman; 02-04-2018, 03:29 AM. Reason: add information

Comment

Originally posted by pacman View Post
                              my server fails to connect the server to the internet, it says to check the network connection and try again, trying again does not work. I am using an Ethernet connection. I tried disconnecting Ethernet and used wireless without success and got the same network message
                              This happened to me most of the day. I would try every hour or so an eventually it worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X