Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback Help ! MKV playback problem

Hello !
    I jus got my DMS a few days ago... I could solve all my little problems thanks to this forum.
    But for this one, I have no idea...
    When I play a mkv video on my computer, everyuthing is fine (see pic "image PC").
    But when I play the same file on my DMS, I have a really annoying issue. It's not paying right (see picture "image media server"). Image is cropped bizarrely.
    The mkv ihas a H265 codec with DTS. Media server is 1010.
    Tried everythin, but nothing's working. DMS plugged to a receiver with 4k video projector. Have no problem with any other kind of file (BDMV, ISO etc...)
    Hope that you can help me !

Thank you

Ericgui

Click image for larger version

Name:	imzge PC.png
Views:	96
Size:	1.1 KB
ID:	350135

Name:	image media server.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	350134

Hi ericgui,

Please tell us about the MKV file, was it made recently with DVDFab Ripper module? If you play the file on your PC with VLC or some other player, does it display the same odd cropping? Also, see this link for putting captures or images in posts: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...in-forum-posts
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Name:	image media server.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	350142

Hi
      The MKV file were not done with Dvdfab.
      When I play it on my computer, any player, it's playng fine. No problem. No cropping at all, I have the full image correctly positionned at the center of the screen.
      The mkv is H265, 4K, Hdr.
      See screenshot : : how it appears with dvdfab media server
      Thanks

Eric

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry... trying to send pictures again : image from pc :

Name:	imzge PC.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	350144

Comment

No answer ?....
          Well, I looked around on the forum, and I found Something very similar to what's happening to me.
          Can you please check ?
          I have a problem with a lot of 4k videos I have not being played back in the proper position on the screen. They are not centered and play lower on the

Comment

Well .... I am so happy to see on your web page that you are solving problems in 48 hours ! That's a great news ! A lie, but a great news... Let's see : I posted a message concerning a problem on the 25th of february. Today, 12th of march, no answer at all. Actually, I am speaking to myself.
            I CAN'T play mkv x265 files (even if it was said compatible on your website...). No solution, and even worse, no answer at all ! It's not coming from the file (I can play them thru my bluray 4k player with absolutely no problem).
            The DVDFAB Media Server is not even a beta, it's just not fonction as it should, as advertised.
            Do I regret my purchase ? Definitively yes. For the price you are asking, There are other machines that work perfectly well.
            You keep releasing update that are bugged.... Is it a joke ?
            On the top of that, your remote control is just completly outdated... I had the same one 5 years ago with another media server... Most of the time you have to push 3 to 6 times a button to see the DMS receiving the action !!! No I am not honnest... If your are at less than one meter from the DMS, right in front of it, it's working. Fortunately, all the other remote that I have (amplifier, projector, bluray palyer etc...) are working perfectly well.
            Coming back to my initial problem, it is not solved (but now I know that it will be in less than 48 hours...)
            If you are reading this post because you are considering buying the DMS. Run away. Personnaly, I will probably have to buy another media server to have somthing working normally.,
            DVDFAB : 300 $ in the garbage; (And I am not talking about all the software I bought from you...)
            I am so pissed.

Comment

Working...
            X