Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the future Firmware Update contain both Cloud & Locally stored information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request Could the future Firmware Update contain both Cloud & Locally stored information?

I've only had my DMS for a few days now and in all honesty I'm impressed that it plays everything that I have thrown at it and the quality of it is A+.

After upgrading to 1013 and downgrading the back to 1010 I found that the 1013 is a better firmware apart from the Cloud based storage. (I was having trouble connecting to my DMS basically thanks to Microsoft and an OS update) but that's a different story that I found a fix for.

So could the firmware not be the same or similar to 1013 but with an option to use either the Cloud or locally stored information or maybe even use both so you have a backup of some kind?

The problems I had with 1010 is that I didn't have any sound for a lets say Blade Runner 2049 4K for example, unless I went into the settings of the DMS and unticked the TrueHD tick box. And then I would only get DTS5.1 but when set to TrueHD it would have no sound and show up as PCM on the amplifier.

On 1013 I had sound with it ticked but still only PCM as apparently my amplifier requires Bitstream to be able to decode it correctly, but since downgrading back to 1010 I now have sound with it still ticked but only at PCM and not TrueHD. Other titles of ATMOS only soundtracks show up as TrueHD and play perfectly.

Also with 1013 I have more options enabled for my 4K Panasonic TV......so it's definitely a better firmware apart from the cloud.

So fingers crossed you could add the feature of both or either ways to store the information in the future firmware.

Hi,

The movie info is still stored on the DMS local, so DMS and movie info still can be used and displayed correctly when disconnect the network, but to get the movie cover and infomation for your new added movie, DMS need to connect the network.

For local and cloud version, just change the manager page from the local page to dms.dvdfab.cn online page.

And for the audio problem, yes, TrueHD should be output when check the TureHD option if your amplifier supports TrueHD, we will check it, thanks!

Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks I'll try that later Wilson

Comment

Are you saying on the current version, we can access the server via xx.xx.xx.xx:32080/mediashow.html and dms.dvdfab.cn?
        I had major issues connecting via dms.dvdfab.cn It let me connect for a day and then I could not connect anymore. Thus I rolled back.

Comment

No, the local manager on port 32080 is not available on firmware >v1.0.1.0, you must use dms.dvdfab.cn, but the info it generates is stored locally on your dms box. I have had no problems connecting to the site, please check the logs for your security software to see if it is being blocked.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The problem for me is that I can't download 1.0.1.3. So I can't use DMS. What do I do to get 1.0.1.3?

Comment

Originally posted by defiantxab View Post
              The problem for me is that I can't download 1.0.1.3. So I can't use DMS. What do I do to get 1.0.1.3?
              Here you go

TBH I dont get why it has to be stored on the cloud, What about the people who dont have fast internet connections? Not everybody lives where fibre broadband is available!!!!!!!

At least with local you can still use your player somewhat normally.

Another reason why im back on 1.0.1.0 as when I tried updating to 1.0.1.2 I couldnt login for 48hrs so rendered the player usless until eventually I got logged in, then most of my movies/TV series
              did not show up even after leaving it for hours.

Locally worked perfect for me, the cloud seems to be a waste of time reading the rest of the threads about it on the forum.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm going to stay on 1.0.1.0 until this gets worked out.

Comment

That's what I'm doing, I have no problems right now with 1.0.1.0.

Comment

Working...
                  X