Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all the seasons of the bridge are showing now, and Space E06 is showing as Spaced, Unable to fix metadata on Spaced as Space (poster) can't be found on themoviedb.org
    Last edited by ejm; 03-25-2018, 10:08 PM.
    Viking lost down under

Comment

I went and printed out all the directories on the media player and compared them to the cloud, so that I could see what wasn't showing, movies count was close, but TV series! episodes edited and added do not always show.

TV series that do not show:

Battlestar galactica (2003) 3 Episodes
      Continumm (2012)
      Farscape: The peace keeper wars (2004) 2 Episodes
      Harrow (2018) Brand new tv series
      Inquisition (2014)
      Outcasts (2011)
      Powers (2015)
      Resurrection (2014)
      The hunt for the Zodiac killer (2017)
      The moonstone (2016)
      V: The final battle (1984) 3 Episodes
      V: (1983) 2 Episodes

Joining under the same Posters:

V: (1984) and V: (2009)
      Space 1999 (1975) and Hyperspace (2001) are joined under Hyperspace and Spaced.
      Every time I add Wallander (2008) it joins with Wallander (2005) under same Posters.

When Metadata is fixed for: Sherlock: The Abominable Bride (2016) it shows up as a video on the media player.

These problems happen every time you do a factory reset, build new database and when you change firmware, it doesn't matter what firmware version you use.

When checking the media player it takes ages to load the posters. This is every time I want to look for something. When eventually they load; they never reflect changes made through editing the metadata. When searching for a Movie / TV series It will eventually crash and I'll have to-reboot the media player and start all over again. (error is always unable to find server)

How long after the metadata changes does it take to reflect in these changes on the media player??????
      Viking lost down under

Comment

Come on fellows, what the hell is going on with your firmware / hardware. A couple of days ago I could see all my movies / TV programs. I'm able to see all my movies and it appears that the wrong ones are gone and all are showing correct, but TV series is a different matter. When I go into the TV section I see only 10 posters; and it doesn't matter how much I try to get past the 10th poster, ZERO changes, I than tried to see if I could watch 1, guess what? all I get is a spinning circle and nothing happens. I then tried "ALL" category. I left it there for 5 minutes as the spinning circle was there too, I ended up cancelling as I didn't want it to crash it again.
        Viking lost down under

Comment

I am having the same problems, but I am using the cloud v1.0.1.3, it seems to have all my movies correct except for my "Abbott and Costello in The Foriegn Legion from 1950" it won't change it from "Abbott and Costello meet the Invisible Man from 1951", I can search for the correct meta data match, it sees the correct meta data match, lets me click on it but then goes into the forever loop until I change over to TV Shows, or Video links. But it never corrects the meta data or poster.

As far as the TV Shows, it only shows 1 poster on the MS, but I have 4 different series in the cloud that are correct, season 1 of Game of Thrones, shows up, but The Handmaids Tale or anything else I put on the server refuse to show up as a poster wall, I can open the files up through Local Videos...

Comment

Well Shaggy6977, The biggest problem is that it doesn't update the media player, which in turn leaves you stuffed trying to make new database as it continues to make the same mistake over and over again and you have to keep on editing the same metadata over and over again.
            Viking lost down under

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy6977 View Post
              I am having the same problems, but I am using the cloud v1.0.1.3, it seems to have all my movies correct except for my "Abbott and Costello in The Foriegn Legion from 1950" it won't change it from "Abbott and Costello meet the Invisible Man from 1951", I can search for the correct meta data match, it sees the correct meta data match, lets me click on it but then goes into the forever loop until I change over to TV Shows, or Video links. But it never corrects the meta data or poster.

As far as the TV Shows, it only shows 1 poster on the MS, but I have 4 different series in the cloud that are correct, season 1 of Game of Thrones, shows up, but The Handmaids Tale or anything else I put on the server refuse to show up as a poster wall, I can open the files up through Local Videos...
              Go back to 1.0.1.0. and it will scrape them properly. I have the whole A&C collection and had the same problem. I had 8 movies call Meet the Invisible Man. All correct when I downgraded. Every movie if perfect and I'm staying on 1.0.1.0. until there is a stable release.

Comment

The only time I had no problems was on the firmware that came with the media player and you could pick posters your self. The only thing I can't vouch for is if all my tv series were there as In my frustration I decided to check how many I had, as you can see just 2 days ago. Everything I had troubles with was put on an external drive. I would than copy them across again 1 at a time. I would than scan the drive after each copy and remove them again if they were not found, that happened to be all of them.
                Viking lost down under

Comment

Generally (but not always) my DMS updates within about 15 seconds of changing a poster or fixing some metadata on the web manager. The endless spinning circle when re-scraping a title may be due to a problem reading the database files, I have not seen that. The TV series problem is a known issue with v1013 which will be corrected. It seems to be less common if the content was added with the v1010 firmware and named correctly using the SeasonEpisode naming conventions. If you have content on the DMS that does not show up on the poster wall for some reason, you can always play it from the sata HDD directly under Local Videos.

This thread has become a catch-all for many different problems, which is not really useful for the developers in troubleshooting or other users looking for solutions. I will leave it open until new firmware is released, but then it will be closed. The preferred procedure is that everyone start a new thread when they encounter a problem or have a question unless it is exactly the same as the one under discussion, thanks.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the reply signals, sorry I didn't start my own thread on this but it seemed that I was haveing the same problems as ejm with most of my movies being correct and almost all of my TV Shows not showing up.

Comment

Yes, I think you were, this is just a reminder of our general best practices so the devs can find and share things easily. There will be improvements coming for DMS, it has endured a perfect storm of personnel changes and other issues that are hard to believe.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if signals and I are talking about the same thing. When things are edited from the web page and all is well, this is not reflected on the media player. eg before editing Frontier, Frontier has 3 posters. When metadata has been fixed so it only shows the correct poster the media player (hardware) still keeps the 3 posters and original episodes allocated to each (3) poster, poster information does not change, not even after a week. But every time you look at the web page, everything looks great.
                        Viking lost down under

Comment

Never had that happen, your local data must be corrupted. I don't know of a way to fix that without starting from scratch.

Comment

I have redone the firmware updates starting from 1.0.1.0 to 1.0.13 at least 8+ times, and rebuilt library about the same amount of times. I even took out the hard drive and did a format copying all movies and TV series back across. I've only just finished going back from 1.0.1.0 through to 1.0.1.3. Still no change. I'm just about to re-build the database again. So I'm not to sure what you mean with corrupted local data. Frontier is not the only TV series that has that problem, without looking I think I could easy write another dozen down.

When you go on the media player (hardware) 1 poster might have part or whole of 1 season the other the rest. Frontier(2016) has nothing Frontier (2014) has some the last one Frontier Justice (1958) has the rest. The one I have is (2016).
                            Viking lost down under

Comment

Further to the above:

Media player (hardware) and web are now identical. Now I have to change metadata which have the problems as above last paragraph. This changes the web page to all being correct, but media player (hardware) does not change. THIS IS THE PROBLEM.
                              Viking lost down under

Comment

Hi ejm,

Please reboot your Movie Server to scrape again and feedback, thank you.

Regards,
                                Mona

Comment

Working...
                                X