Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Server not updating to latest firmware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Problem/Question Movie Server not updating to latest firmware.

Both my movie servers are not updating to the latest firmware. The current version I’m at is 1.0.1.0 When I click OTA Update I get message (your version is up to date). Also, please note that I cannot send log files from either movie servers as well as the process hangs. I’ve checked all the connections and have check my internet security applications and nothing is being blocked. I’m also able to connect to the movie server via MS Manager DVDFab 10 application and from the web as well. Anyone else having this problem?

I don't see this problem, but I have updated to 1013 firmware. You can do the update manually or perhaps wait for a later update.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

There are some known issues with the new firmware and auto update has been disabled at the server.

You may still update manually if you wish, via usb.
      For now, if the box is working for you, you are better off keeping what you have.
      With the version you have, all management of the DMS is done Locally on the DMS itself.
      With the updated version, management has moved to servers in China, and users have reported numerous outages.

So far I’ve not really seen any negative impact of using the factory firmware.

Comment

No hard feelings (i have lifetime licence to the complete dvdfb software offering and I bought a DMS)...but ... I can only invite the devs to take a look at the just newly released poster wall 2.0 of the zidoo x10 player. It's IMHO the best exclusively local managed poster wall...just excellent....and 95% of the advertized features work as per day one.
        Last edited by eddysback; 03-10-2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Guys; Thanks for the info, its greatly appreciated.

Comment

DVDFAB..... PLEASE keep the server data local. I have had cable issues this winter and would have been upset if my movie server could not be reached. I had major issues with the update and rolled back. Thank God. I don't mind if the data is in both places and sync's or whatever. But I want this to work when I don't have internet access! Especially when I don't have internet access!

Comment

Originally posted by 1980gamer View Post
              DVDFAB..... PLEASE keep the server data local. I have had cable issues this winter and would have been upset if my movie server could not be reached. I had major issues with the update and rolled back. Thank God. I don't mind if the data is in both places and sync's or whatever. But I want this to work when I don't have internet access! Especially when I don't have internet access!
              Please see my post here. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...ed-information

Thanks!

Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson, what we (the local guys) ask for is a local management ability !! 1.0.1.0 was great with the port 32080 editing. The fact that the data is mirrored back in firmwares above 1.0.1.0 locally to the DMS DOES NOT make it local.

Technically we just hold a non-modifiable copy locally. without logging back to the cloud there is no adding and no editing whatsover. each time the cloud cannot be reached the posterwall in DMS is uneditable
                Last edited by eddysback; 03-12-2018, 06:18 PM.

Comment

well, I keep seeing that there is a 1.0.1.3 firmware, but the only thing I see in this forum is 1.0.1.0, or 1.0.1.2 and my server is version 1010. so... where is this elusive 1013?

not that I really want to upgrade to this because I fear I will be going back to the 1010 due to the forced "Cloud" instead of the local editable database.

Comment

I personally am staying on 1.0.1.0. until I see a stable update. I have no problems with 1.0.1.0.

Comment

Working...
                    X