About the new version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From DVDFab Movie Server Team About the new version

To address some of the issues you have reported in firmware v1020, our developers have worked overtime this week. Unfortunately, internal testing shows that the improvements, while good, still do not meet our standards or yours. Therefore, we have decided not to release the new version, so that our developers can continue to polish it until the test results improve. As the new Product Manager for the DMS, let me say we are truly sorry for the inconvenience and we really appreciate your continued support. We will make DMS better than it has ever been.

Thanks.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that you are ignoring your users who want the local manager restored. If so, why? Your DMS problems are not going o be solved in the foreseeable future. So, why not restore the local manager and when DMS is ready deploy but give the users the option to chose cloud or local. Ignoring your user base is not a good way of attracting new users and keeping current users.

Comment

Personally, I think they have an ulterior motive that does nothing in favor of the customer. I for one will stay on version 1.0.1.0 until they restore the local manager and stay out of our private collections.

I am actually looking for another media server type set up because of this garbage that I am stuck with now. chalk one up to DVDFab, they sure know how to piss off their customer base.

Comment

defiantxab I correct you as requested, you are wrong. You can revert to v1010 for now, there will be newer versions coming before long, please try them.
        Shaggy6977 Are you serious? What other possible motive could there be? If you have nothing more constructive to offer, please keep this kind of paranoid delusion to yourself. No one cares what you watch.
        hifikid80 Your post has been deleted, do not attempt to promote other products here.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Why should I revert back to v1010 and lose the playback upgrades? Why can't you just restore the local version. Your stubbornness in trying to make the cloud version functional is why this product is having so many problems. You are telling users to revert to an earlier version just to correctly display movie & TV show data and images. This is suppose to be a movie server that plays movies. Why not focus on that instead of making your customers waste hours playing with images and movie data? I personally will not use the cloud version ever as it's a waste of time and effort.

Comment

You may do as you choose. v1010 IS the local version for now, but that may change.

I think there have been enough rants and vents, let's give it a rest and see what the new Product Manager decides.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Can someone tell me in plain English how to go back to 1.0.1.0, there seems to be a language barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeBerry View Post
                Can someone tell me in plain English how to go back to 1.0.1.0, there seems to be a language barrier.
                Download it, put it on the root of a flash drive, plug it in to your MS, go to about or update or whatever it is called under settings and choose from drive other than OTA (over the air).

Comment

LeeBarry, do you already have a copy of 1.0.1.0? Do believe the past link for it isn't available to us anymore.

Post is here below:
                  https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...e-for-ver-1010

-5th post down from 'Signals'
                  -11th post down from 'ejm'

Would need to PM 'Signals' if you do not have it already to install.
                  Last edited by Down2Earth; 04-24-2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

@ signals, so sorry if you disagree with my dillusions, but when I purchase this product it had a local database that was touted as being the greatest thing since sliced bread, one that worked with TMDB, not a cloud based system that doesn't have the kinks worked out in it and your customers were not your guinee pigs.

apparently I touched a nerve with that.

Comment

Working...
                    X