Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMS v1.0.3.0 Beta is out! Please try it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SFMike View Post
    There hasn't been a lot traffic on the forum regarding the new v1030 and there hasn't been a lot of negative comments do I'm looking for some reviews as to how well this new version actually functions. I'm still using
    v1010 and want to know if it's worthwhile upgrading to the new beta. Any comments would be appreciated.
    SFMike, I'm also running v1010 but I did try the new version. It seems better. From comments I've seen there is still some work to be done on TV Shows. Movies are working reasonably well
    but still some issues. Collections are the main issue that made me return to 1010. At 1030 there is no user control of collections but they are working on it. Also for me the remote web interface is extremely slow. I cannot emphasize enough how slow it is. Ting took notice on a comment I made about that and is looking into it.
    I'm waiting for the next update to see if things have improved even more.

Comment

Thanks Hunter! Sounds like they are getting it right.

Comment

Originally posted by KBoz View Post
        I tried it on 2 different USB drives with 2 different formats and 3 or 4 different downloads and copies to the USB. I'll try the checksum. Can you provide better details on the actual renaming? Do I need to zip the file or unzip it first or do I just rename the folder to update.zip? It doesn't appear to have any file extension. Is that correct? Also just in case it's relevant I'm using a MAC with Paragon NTFS support on it. I've also done this before on the MAC and had some issues but not after so many attempts. I'm sure I'm just missing a simple step.
        As noted, the file (as shown on the DMS box) must be named update.zip, if your OS is renaming it or if it displays differently you will need to correct it so that it has the proper name on the USB stick. If it doesn't I doubt you would get as far as you did since the box would not recognize it. And it must be in the root directory of the stick, such as D:\update.zip, or the box won't be able to find it. Please let us know if you continue to have problems with it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've now used a different PC to download to a USB drive. This time it's a Windows PC. Again It won't load to the MS. I'm attaching a screenshot of Windows Explorer showing the USB drive data. There is only one file on the drive and it's in the root directory. This USB drive is formatted to ExFat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image001.png
Views:	242
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	356275
          Attached Files

Comment

Rename it to just update, If you rename it to update.zip its really update.zip.zip as the extension name is hidden, first time I ever tried updating mine I renamed to update.zip and it would not show on the MS. If you rename it to update it should still show as a zip file like you screen grab, if so then you should be good to go.

Try that and plug it in the MS when turned off, After the MS boots you should see a pop up about USB update detected.

On a different note 1030 is deffo better than all the other firmwares post 1010, Only issue I have is I have 7 films that dont show in the movie section at all, When I log in to dms they are in the video section for some reason and whatever I do I dont seem to be able to move them from videos to movies.

Had about a dozen films that had the wrong poster (easily sorted via edit on player) 1 movie (Game Night 2018) will not show the correct poster whatever I do even tho it shows when you search fo it, select it and it just stays as it was before.

My TV series sorted themselves out after a rebuild, so thats a big improvement from 1013-1020.

A step in the right direction for sure, I hope that the 4k buffering when streaming from NAS can be sorted, its the first firmware I have stuck with since 1010.

I just wish I could still log in to the MS locally via laptop to do my editing as DMS is way to slow to load everything, and using the remote to do the editing is painful as it takes forever to rename a wrongly scraped movie.

If every firmware improves like 1030 then fingers xd this player becomes what it was said it was going to be

Comment

Part of the problem is under settings in ms. There is a setting that which says hide all known extensions. You will have to un-tick this box to show all extensions. The same goes for all hidden files/folders.

Win 8
              goto control panel
              select Appearance and Personalization
              Select folder option
              select view
              and you can't miss it

Win 10
              goto control panel
              select file explorer options
              select view
              and you can't miss it

Enjoy
              Last edited by ejm; 07-04-2018, 06:28 AM.
              Viking lost down under

Comment

Originally posted by lamster View Post

A step in the right direction for sure, I hope that the 4k buffering when streaming from NAS can be sorted, its the first firmware I have stuck with since 1010.

Please try the V1031 version, and check the 4k buffering problem, thanks,

Dear DMS users: Thanks for the tests and feedback on v1030, now we are happy to present DMS v1031 Beta for you to help us test. Note: if you download this update

Comment

I did have it named just update.zip and not update.zip.zip. The file extension shows in Windows Explorer when you have detail list selected which I did. Anyway I tried with 1.0.3.1 and after it initially gave me an error with the Android toy running, when it restarted it found the update and loaded it so I'm good now.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Comment

After updating to V1.0.3.0 to correct DMS synching and movie mismatch issues, after DVFab Movie Server restarted now requires reactivation to my registered account. But when I try to reactivate both with DVDFab and manually fails and can't do anything on the box without activation. Anyone have a solution to this problem on how to reactivate after beta update is applied? I can't even fallback to a previous version until the box is first activated. Have not been able to use the box since V1.0.3.0 was applied. Any solutions are much appreciated.

Comment

After updating to V1.0.3.0, movie server requires reactivation after restart, but fails to reactivate. Tried both DVDFab connected and manual activation both fail. Any idea how to resolve this issue. I can't even fallback to previous version without an activated movie server box. Please appreciated if anyone knows of a solution.

Comment

This doesn't seem like an improvement to me. I updated to v1.0.3.1 I rebuilt my library like pretty much everyone else. It's been 2 days and I have over 1400 movies and TV shows that were mostly correct after some time correcting some previously. Before this update I had maybe a 100 that were still failing. I'm now rebuilding everything again. Some of this may be naming conventions missing the year but the scraper found many matches and even got the poster correct but then left them all under video and not under movie or TV. Where I hav=d nearly 700 movies and another few hundred episodes of TV I now have around 400 movies and around 60 episodes of TV. As always it's notoriously bad with Japanese Anime. I did get a good match on FLCL but the description is in German for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by davidafana View Post
                          After updating to V1.0.3.0, movie server requires reactivation after restart, but fails to reactivate. Tried both DVDFab connected and manual activation both fail. Any idea how to resolve this issue. I can't even fallback to previous version without an activated movie server box. Please appreciated if anyone knows of a solution.
                          Did you solve your problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by KBoz View Post
                            This doesn't seem like an improvement to me. I updated to v1.0.3.1 I rebuilt my library like pretty much everyone else. It's been 2 days and I have over 1400 movies and TV shows that were mostly correct after some time correcting some previously. Before this update I had maybe a 100 that were still failing. I'm now rebuilding everything again. Some of this may be naming conventions missing the year but the scraper found many matches and even got the poster correct but then left them all under video and not under movie or TV. Where I hav=d nearly 700 movies and another few hundred episodes of TV I now have around 400 movies and around 60 episodes of TV. As always it's notoriously bad with Japanese Anime. I did get a good match on FLCL but the description is in German for some reason.
                            hi, KBoz

I have send message to you, and I need some informaiton to check your problem, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

Did you solve your problem ?
                              No, movie server still won't reactivate and fails on every attempt. I've had a support ticket in to tech support for over a week with no response. How can I get my unit activated again with this patch installed so I can use? Or is there a way to fallback to previous production ready version since it won't activate on this beta version? P.S. sorry for the previous duplicate post my browser froze and I did not receive confirmation it posted successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by davidafana View Post

No, movie server still won't reactivate and fails on every attempt. I've had a support ticket in to tech support for over a week with no response. How can I get my unit activated again with this patch installed so I can use? Or is there a way to fallback to previous production ready version since it won't activate on this beta version? P.S. sorry for the previous duplicate post my browser froze and I did not receive confirmation it posted successfully.
                                sorry for reply you late, about this problem, please try it :

1. when you in the UI of failed activate, please long press "0" button in Remote, jump to Home of DMS,
                                2. Go to "Settings", please select "Member Center" page, click "logout", try to logout first, then reactive it.

If you still have any problem, directly pm to me, thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X