This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Playback 4k playback issue with alternate audio choice

I am trying the 3.1 beta right now but so far it's failed the same as the regular release before it. 4k playback of a mkv rip of a 4k disc and selection of an alternative audio source (director commentary) results in the playback grinding to about 1/2fps after several minutes. Stopping the playback and resuming will result in clear playback for several more minutes and then it all repeats. I can also rewind a short segment and it will resume playback for a bit before choking again.
    To be clear, regular playback of a 4k mkv with the normal audio (5.1/7.1) selected plays back just fine. For whatever reason it seems to choke on the commentary tracks, maybe it's having trouble with 2.0 channel audio?
    Since I actually enjoy listening to commentary tracks I find this very annoying. I don't want to have to load a disc into my Xbox just to listen to the commentary track.

Downgraded to 2.0 and no issues listening to commentary tracks.

Comment

Installed the newest beta and it now seems to be able to playback 4k rips and select alternate audio track without issue.

Comment

That is good news, thanks for the feedback.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X