Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW FIRMWARE v1.0.3.7 Beta is out

Dear DMS Users,

DVDFab Movie Server v1.0.3.7 Beta: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl-dvdfab/d...ate1.0.3.7.zip

MD5: be8901712b702b3854813b306c51e0b1

What's New:
    • FIX: improve the scraper correction rate of movie and TV
    • FIX: improve the scraper speed
    • FIX: the file missing problem, which caused certain files not to be found in the movie,tv or video sections
    • FIX: the problem of the poster not being shown in some cases
    • FIX: the playing problem for some content
    • FIX: the problem of the pop-up menu always showing in the menu playing
    • NEW: add the scraper language setting in local web manager
    • NEW: added the download log setting in local web Manager and the debug log output setting in DMS->Settings. These features will help us in troubleshooting problems you may encounter. Please see this Guide: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...og-submissions
    • other minor changes and improvements

Notes on this release:
    • This is a USB update
    • For better results, please rebuild the library after rebooting post-update
    • Please use the local web manager (port 32080) for meta and other adjustments
    • If a fix is not specifically listed above, there is no change at this time, other improvements are under development
    • Feedback remains vitally important for continued improvements, please share your thoughts to make DVDFab Movie Server even better
    • This thread is open, you can post feedback here or start a new thread if you prefer. If you start a new one, please use the thread prefix for this release or the Log Submission one if you are attaching the log zip.

Thanks for your continued support of DVDFab Movie Server, we hope you enjoy using it!
    Last edited by ting; 11-26-2018, 09:39 AM.

Having problems updating with USB to this version. Using a new formatted jump drive so it's in the root directory, tried renaming update 1.0.3.7.zip, tried just 1.0.3.7, tried unzipping the folder 1.0.3.7 contents still getting 'no upgrade package' as an error to upgrade. I am trying to upgrade from 1.0.1.0 do I need to try upgrading from a different upgrade release?

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
      Having problems updating with USB to this version. Using a new formatted jump drive so it's in the root directory, tried renaming update 1.0.3.7.zip, tried just 1.0.3.7, tried unzipping the folder 1.0.3.7 contents still getting 'no upgrade package' as an error to upgrade. I am trying to upgrade from 1.0.1.0 do I need to try upgrading from a different upgrade release?
      hi, just from 1.0.1.0 to 1.0.3.7 is ok, please make sure download file md5 value is correct, and change file name form update1.0.3.7.zip to update.zip

thanks.

Comment

D2E, does your DMS recognize the jump drive successfully?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          D2E, does your DMS recognize the jump drive successfully?
          Hi Signals,

The DMS is seeing my jump drive. I bought a brand new jump drive to try and it still will not update. When I go to update in settings to 'USB Update' to install, the 'sda1' file shows up on top of my sata2: Movie Volume - when I install my jump drive and disappears when I pull it out, so the DMS is seeing it. Tried turning the DMS off to reload and boot cold with jump drive installed and it sees it on boot up and it still does not see the update on the drive to install. I have tried every configuration for labeling, zip, no zip, 1.0.3.7 zip, 1.0.3.7 no zip, un-zip all the folders out of the zip file. Nothing is working, the only other beta release I had this issue and problem with was with 1.0.3.5. Could not upgrade that version also. Would love to try this version but if I have to wait for the OTA release which I have not had any issues with upgrading through any OTA releases I will have to wait to upgrade then. Maybe there is something different with my ports in upgrading through them, I know I am doing everything right to upgrade through them, been doing these upgrades in my sleep.

Comment

Hi Signals,

The DMS is seeing my jump drive. I bought a brand new jump drive to try and it still will not update. When I go to update in settings to 'USB Update' to install, the 'sda1' file shows up on top of my sata2: Movie Volume - when I install my jump drive and disappears when I pull it out, so the DMS is seeing it. Tried turning the DMS off to reload and boot cold with jump drive installed and it sees it on boot up and it still does not see the update on the drive to install. I have tried every configuration for labeling, zip, no zip, 1.0.3.7 zip, 1.0.3.7 no zip, un-zip all the folders out of the zip file. Nothing is working, the only other beta release I had this issue and problem with was with 1.0.3.5. Could not upgrade that version also. Would love to try this version but if I have to wait for the OTA release which I have not had any issues with upgrading through any OTA releases I will have to wait to upgrade then. Maybe there is something different with my ports in upgrading through them, I know I am doing everything right to upgrade through them, been doing these upgrades in my sleep.
            Did you follow Ting's instruction to rename the file "update.zip" and not "1.0.3.7.zip"?

Comment

Duc is correct, it must be named update.zip
              You might also check the MD5 of your download with the one posted in the release announcement. If the file is corrupt, you will have issues.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Duc is correct, it must be named update.zip
                You might also check the MD5 of your download with the one posted in the release announcement. If the file is corrupt, you will have issues.
                I did try update.zip as Ting suggested. And I did verify the MD5 checksum of my downloaded copy, perfect match/download. I got the DMS to load the 1.0.3.7 update by dropping the '.zip' and just used 'update', it loaded with no problem after I did that. Remembered seeing this on here that sometimes it will load as update.zip.zip, if you do the update as update.zip, not sure what's up with that but it's loaded now and will try out. Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

I did try update.zip as Ting suggested. And I did verify the MD5 checksum of my downloaded copy, perfect match/download. I got the DMS to load the 1.0.3.7 update by dropping the '.zip' and just used 'update', it loaded with no problem after I did that. Remembered seeing this on here that sometimes it will load as update.zip.zip, if you do the update as update.zip, not sure what's up with that but it's loaded now and will try out. Thanks for your help guys.
                  The reason that removing the ".zip" from the filename worked is because you have the option in Windows Explorer to hide registered extensions enabled. Since ".zip" is registered as a compressed file to be opened by Windows Explorer, WinZIP, 7Zip, etc., it will not show the extension even though it's there. By renaming to "update.zip" you have essentially now named the file "update.zip.zip". That's why naming the file "update" works for you.

Comment

yeah had same problem till I read this post, so changed the file name to "update" with no zip on the end and the update was painless...

just curious but how many folk are technically involved with updating the software for the DvdFab movie server ? as I've posted a few times but never get a

second reply after I've answered the first reply to my question/problem

Comment

Originally posted by pronto1st View Post
                      yeah had same problem till I read this post, so changed the file name to "update" with no zip on the end and the update was painless...

just curious but how many folk are technically involved with updating the software for the DvdFab movie server ? as I've posted a few times but never get a

second reply after I've answered the first reply to my question/problem
                      In next update, I will provide the update.zip download directly, not need change it again.

Thanks

Comment

I have had a similar problem with every USB update that I've tried. I've somehow gotten to 1.0.3.5 with a reboot while the USB was in but I can't be positive. With both version 1.0.3.6 and 1.0.3.7 I'm unable to do a USB update. I've tried 2 USB drives (a 1GB Lexar and a 128GB WD Easystore). I do the download on a Mac then rename the update to update.zip and try a load. On the latest copy to a mostly clean EasyStore I checked the file name on Windows and there is only one extension (zip). I also double checked that I didn't have the hidden extensions set and I don't. The 2 different sizes indicate that it's not a storage problem and the MS detects both the drive and the update file asking me i fI want to perform an update. I select yes and I see the Android robot it spins for about 1-2 seconds and then returns an error. There is no error number just ERROR! with the Android robot on it's back with the front panel open. Whatever that means.

I've checked the MD5 previously when I had this problem and that wasn't an issue and shouldn't be now. Just in case what is the appropriate command to do the md5 on all files within the update directory?

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Is anyone looking at this forum?

Comment

Maybe they are recuperating from xmas dinner still, just like me.
                            Viking lost down under

Comment

Originally posted by KBoz View Post
                              I have had a similar problem with every USB update that I've tried. I've somehow gotten to 1.0.3.5 with a reboot while the USB was in but I can't be positive. With both version 1.0.3.6 and 1.0.3.7 I'm unable to do a USB update. I've tried 2 USB drives (a 1GB Lexar and a 128GB WD Easystore). I do the download on a Mac then rename the update to update.zip and try a load. On the latest copy to a mostly clean EasyStore I checked the file name on Windows and there is only one extension (zip). I also double checked that I didn't have the hidden extensions set and I don't. The 2 different sizes indicate that it's not a storage problem and the MS detects both the drive and the update file asking me i fI want to perform an update. I select yes and I see the Android robot it spins for about 1-2 seconds and then returns an error. There is no error number just ERROR! with the Android robot on it's back with the front panel open. Whatever that means.

I've checked the MD5 previously when I had this problem and that wasn't an issue and shouldn't be now. Just in case what is the appropriate command to do the md5 on all files within the update directory?

Any help is appreciated.
                              hi, KBoz

I have notice you are download the file on the mac, I am not sure the problem, I will check it in the by using Mac,
                              and for v1038 download link, not need change the name again, the file download is update.zip, I think just copy to USB storage is ok.

about the MD5 tool in the Mac, I need to find and try it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X