Media server not finding my ISO files on my NAS and posting them to wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media server not finding my ISO files on my NAS and posting them to wall

i sent this question into DVDFab support who suggested i put in on the forum for quicker response. this is my first time posting on forum

i have just purchased and received my DMS

my current software version is
    DVDFab Movie Server[1.0.3.1]

i have NAS with over a 1000 iso movies on it. the directory structure is set up in folders and sub folders.
    it is set up like this

Media Drive M/Full movies/Action [a genre for each type] /Movie name/ BDMV/STREAM/ [iso movie file]

the "add a network" feature did not pick up the movies when i successfully added a folder as shown below.

i set up a folder called Media. and then put one movie in it like this /Media/Erased [name of movie] BDMV/Stream/Erased.iso movie [file here]

i set up the destination folder using MS manager (so i can view the movie on the poster wall) ://192.168.1.145 [ip address of server]/Media Drive M/Media

this was accepted and scanned but it did not pick up the movie (Erased). it does not show up on the poster wall.

i then tried pointing to the folder with the movie in it like this ://192.168.1.145 [ip address of server]/Media Drive M/Media/Erased [name of movie] BDMV/Stream/Erased.iso movie [file here]
    this did not pick anything up either

what do it have to do to pick up movies from my NAS? i do not want to physically move them to my DMS, i just want to add the movies to the poster wall so that i can choose what movie i want to watch

i have read the forum response on how to set up folder structure and i know that my structure is not conform to the recommended structure but i am not sure why the movie server will not pick an ISO file and recognize it from my server even when i point directly to it

i must be overlooking something

any help would be appreciated

First, please update to 1037 or 1038 Beta, both work well for me. Check on this page shown below to see if the path to your NAS is shown; if not, add it. You can reach this page from Poster Wall->Function Menu (up arrow)->Manage Library. It may take quite some a while to scan a large library such as you have, please give it time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-011 LIBMGR2.png
Views:	67
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	365375

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

well i updated to 1037 and added a new path to the NAS that had only 1 movie (iso) in it and then updated the library and still nothing in the DMS movie folder. then i tried rebuilding the library and again nothing.
      Then a set up a couple of folders exactly like the structure was recommended with the folder having same name as the file and scanned it again and still nothing.

This is a brand new DVDFAB MS and i have not put any movies in the hard drive on it yet so my wall is completely empty. i want to make sure that it will read my NAS before going any further.

Comment

Signals you mentioned 1030 is now in beta . Will you please point me to where I can download it? Thank you very much.
        Jupiter 59

Comment

Originally posted by Maxf View Post
          well i updated to 1037 and added a new path to the NAS that had only 1 movie (iso) in it and then updated the library and still nothing in the DMS movie folder. then i tried rebuilding the library and again nothing.
          Then a set up a couple of folders exactly like the structure was recommended with the folder having same name as the file and scanned it again and still nothing.

This is a brand new DVDFAB MS and i have not put any movies in the hard drive on it yet so my wall is completely empty. i want to make sure that it will read my NAS before going any further.
          Please send your log to me, I will check what problem it is.

please check the guide:

Dear DMS Users, In an effort to improve the DMS user experience, especially when a problem appears, the developers have added some controls and features to make it

Comment

Here is the log file. My objective is to be able to access my movies on my server MMAXP1D4 (name of server) where all my movies are set up as i described in opening post where MMAXP1D4 is located in Media drive M:

you may see that i was able to load a movie on my hard drive in the DMS and it posted to the wall and it played. i was also able to add a path to another computer with one movie on it using the exact folder setup as recommended in one of the post (essentially identical name for folder and movie file with year in brackets nested together) and it also worked. i am still not able to access my server movies however even if i try adding a folder with one movie in it using the folder setup i have in my server (identical folder and movie name but the folders are not subs of each other) . perhaps it the folder setup itself? if so it would mean a tremendous amount of work to restructure 1000 movies with a new structure and year of each movie in the name.

i then deleted the path and updated the library so you see just the problem i am having in the log.

20190223-server.log VMS3.db

Comment

Originally posted by Maxf View Post
              Here is the log file. My objective is to be able to access my movies on my server MMAXP1D4 (name of server) where all my movies are set up as i described in opening post where MMAXP1D4 is located in Media drive M:

you may see that i was able to load a movie on my hard drive in the DMS and it posted to the wall and it played. i was also able to add a path to another computer with one movie on it using the exact folder setup as recommended in one of the post (essentially identical name for folder and movie file with year in brackets nested together) and it also worked. i am still not able to access my server movies however even if i try adding a folder with one movie in it using the folder setup i have in my server (identical folder and movie name but the folders are not subs of each other) . perhaps it the folder setup itself? if so it would mean a tremendous amount of work to restructure 1000 movies with a new structure and year of each movie in the name.

i then deleted the path and updated the library so you see just the problem i am having in the log.

[ATTACH]n365467[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n365468[/ATTACH]
              hi, Maxf

I have checked the log, and find there are only one moive in internal disk be add to the library, there are not other files in db.
              Please check the guide, and open the debug option, try to rebuild library, if still have the problem, please package all log files and send it to me.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X